The usual suspects

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
A good win but a bloody lucky one again. Once again when we break the game down to its parts we find the same three names spring up. A marque game this week against 3 time Grand Finalists who have mercilessly flogged us in recent years.

King: Dropped off several tackles in the first half leading to Penrif breaks and tries. Limited game time and was not sighted when we launched our comeback which IMO was a good thing. I'm told he's carrying injuries. Nice excuse. If that's the case let him miss the game and Bryant play. Push Harriss up to Front Row. We can't afford to carry King parlous tackling against the rorters and conceded 3-4 tries in the first 20. We also can't afford to carry a bloke that only contributes 20 minutes a game with most of that being missed tackles and pwder puff hit ups.

Randall: Was bloody hopeless in with the ball in hand and did not give us any go forward. Is being hidden in defence as he misses too many. Watching him in the club after the game with a screaming baby there's obviously a lot going on his his life at the moment. So be it, but maybe he can get his life togther at the expense of the PL side rather than launch our Firsts off to a slow start. Dunley sparked the side when he came on. It's time to give Willo the number 9 to start - he was inspirational in defence in the second half and will starch us up the middle.

Monaghan: The usual error riddled kicking game and more concentirc circles run in offence. Good defence, in his defence. The half back that sparked our comeback was witt and we looked a lot better when he ran the show. I still seriously suggest that Monas 9, Witt 7 and Mullane 6 would be worth a go when we play Souths in what amounts to little more than a trial game.

Stephenson: Nothing more than a collar grabber and I've not seen him make a long break all year. Reasonable dummy half runner but that's all. Hill is the same. We can't have both Centres doing that. Alberts was sensational in PL - it's time to give him a go in the top flight for what he offers in attack.

I disagree.
After watching the replay.

Monaghan: Very very very solid in defence, hit slike miniature menzies and had a hand in a lot of the tries we scored, as well as scoring his own.

King: Whilst all you have said is true, on the merit of his try saving tackle deserves some wraps, we know this guy can play

Randall: Well you know I have not been his biggest fan this year, but when he is on he is fairly solid, Dunley is the better option though and we are wasting a bench spot with randall when we can have Willow start the game

Stephenson: He is a solid Reserve grade footballer, nothing fantastic, nothing great but fills the spot well enough without causing headaches. We all know he is there simply to fill the spot as well

I'm sorry:

I thought I typed www.alternateagles.com into the browser.

I didn't realise I'd stumbled onto the rockers page.......

Talking to Witt in the sheds I said it looks like he's taking on more of a halfbacks role and he said yes and the team are starting to understand the way he plays.

I think Monas would make a good 5/8 or hooker. Even though I thought he was good at half the first 6 games. He needs to improve his kicking game, to many go over the ingoal puting the oposing team under no pressure.

So i'm happy if Witt and Monas share the half duties. There winning so theres no need to break there combinations with rash changes.

If Tezzza is out i'd like to see Alberts play. He's been on fire the last couple of weeks.

I disagree.
After watching the replay.

Monaghan: Very very very solid in defence, hit slike miniature menzies and had a hand in a lot of the tries we scored, as well as scoring his own.

King: Whilst all you have said is true, on the merit of his try saving tackle deserves some wraps, we know this guy can play

Randall: Well you know I have not been his biggest fan this year, but when he is on he is fairly solid, Dunley is the better option though and we are wasting a bench spot with randall when we can have Willow start the game

Stephenson: He is a solid Reserve grade footballer, nothing fantastic, nothing great but fills the spot well enough without causing headaches. We all know he is there simply to fill the spot as well

how do we know this guy can play,he obviously has photos of someone and thats it.i am talking about king byso ,i will leave monaghan alone today brother.

I'm sorry:

I thought I typed www.alternateagles.com into the browser.

I didn't realise I'd stumbled onto the rockers page.......

So much for this whole 'have your own opinion'.

That's not Dan's opinion and he knows it.

He also knows he's signed up 30 new members since Sunday and doesn't want them offended.

So Triple J becomes Nova. You know my thoughts on sprouting populist bull**** just to placate the masses.

You didn't sprout it so why let it bother you. THis is what the rockers have a problem with, they winge about everything thats got nothing to do with them.

If daniel wants to invite people to the site by cattering for ALL opinions, than thats fine by me. Just means our supports group for the next match will be that bit bigger and that little bit louder!

Matabele, actually they are my opinions.

King played well last year until he hit his run of injuries, obviously he can play and has the potential, he just sint living up to it at the moment.

Everyone knows how I feel about chad, he is not a dynamic player but he gets the job done until Dunley bursts on. I still think we are wasting a bench spot by playing Randall

Monas, well after re-watching the game, I do think he actually had a fairly solid game

Steppa, well he is good and is there to fill the gap.

all of the above is exactly what I think. I agree that the 3 who performed the least were mentioned above..... but for a dose of reality guys WE ARE IN SECOND PLACE! and have only lost 3 games....

Spare me Dan. Is this the same Dan that nearly decked some drunken idiot in the Club for talking up King and saying Kite was ****? That was less than 72 hours ago?

Flip - as for this being Dan's site and his decision what to do with it. That's an interesting perspective. Yes he has worked hard to get it where it is but he's not the only one.

Anyways, if we're going down this populist road, just let me know and I'll opt out.

If I want to read nonsense it's easier and less work to pop down the road and buy the Telegraph.

Matabele, I was annoyed that anyone could say that Kite is ****. Not that he was talking up King.

Look why would King get a country jersey last year??

because he earned it, this year is another matter.

I agree he is not playing well at the moment but it doesnt mean he isnt a year away from hitting massive potential

you have shown that you judge based on pre determination mata. Although not too far off the truth with the players you have issues with you left our worst player off the list from sunday.

Kylie was sh!t on sunday - and if you had to choose between King and Kylie based on Sundays game then King would win hands down.

Kylie came on after King and Kite had worn the brunt, made a good hit up for his first run and then nothing for 10 minutes. Thats when he next showed his face - well smashed lewis' to be exact and cost the team 4 weeks of money. He did nothing for the rest of the game and i thought he must have been unjured. He only managed to fall of a couple of tackles because he didnt even bother to attempt any.

King has to play to cover Kylie who likes his regular holidays.

If you are going to claim the realist title then write realistically about all players, not just the ones you have a personal vendetta against.

King at least played a good 15 minutes, kylie played a good 15 seconds.

The title of the thread Fluffy is "the usual suspects" and I wrote about the 4 who fit the category.

Not the 1 bad game in 6 played by Minogue.

King isn't going to reach his potential playing injured as he is. They should give him time to recuperate, it's not like he is adding a whole lot to the side at the moment. Bryant or Glen Stewart would be more effective at this stage.

Fair enough mata - but will you add him to the usual suspects in a months time when he has played 1 or 2 good games in the last 10 weeks

what is all this **** about king being injured,he must have been injured for 18 months now.for ****s sake it could possibly be he's a big poof and doesnt reach this so called potential.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4