The Upward Inflection. . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
The refs, including the so-called BEST referees, have no confidence. Usually, in the "performance" arena, this is due to a lack of skill/preparation.
If they could even PRETEND the confidence in their rulings, it might assist the video Refs.

What really gets my blood boiling is the upward inflection when when asking for the video ref review. Its NOT a question.

.. " we have a Try. ?? Just check the grounding, and the team he plays for. . . "

It literally INVITES an overrule. Pathetic. R they grown men or what?
anderson has their confidence ' shot to pieces '.

Referees these days have had their authority so watered down that they have forgotten or are not allowed to use their instinct on decisions.

We are also dealing with refs who in no doubt supported a team or support a team and the anti Manly bias is never far away.

I can deal with losing games due to our mistakes or the other team playing better, what I hate is losing a match where the referee alters the pattern of the game, Harrigan was the master at that and his willing pupil Hayne is the same.

The problem with referees is they are treated like they are some sort of celebrity or sports star. Bill Harrigan was the start of it, but Cecchin and Shayne Hayne have continued the show pony ways. They are not the best referees, they are the referees that are considered the best theatre for TV. The NRL must want the controversy (because it is publicity) otherwise they would do something about it. The best referees are the ones that are not noticed and are relatively unknown. Gavin Badger, Phil Haines and Adam Devcich are better referees than Hayne, Cecchin and Cummins. It's no coincidence that they also talk to the players with respect unlike the other three clowns. Referees should be able to walk the streets without even being recognised.

bones said:
The problem with referees is they are treated like they are some sort of celebrity or sports star. Bill Harrigan was the start of it, but Cecchin and Shayne Hayne have continued the show pony ways. They are not the best referees, they are the referees that are considered the best theatre for TV. The NRL must want the controversy (because it is publicity) otherwise they would do something about it. The best referees are the ones that are not noticed and are relatively unknown. Gavin Badger, Phil Haines and Adam Devcich are better referees than Hayne, Cecchin and Cummins. It's no coincidence that they also talk to the players with respect unlike the other three clowns. Referees should be able to walk the streets without even being recognised.

Bingo.
I would suggest the refereeing issues we saw in the grand final were born from ego-problems of the referees. Specifically dickhead Hayne's ego problems after Toovey questioned him after the Souths game in that epic post match presser. And probably a lot to do with what you mentioned

Lord Eagleton said:
bones said:

Bingo.
I would suggest the refereeing issues we saw in the grand final were born from ego-problems of the referees. Specifically dickhead Hayne's ego problems after Toovey questioned him after the Souths game in that epic post match presser. And probably a lot to do with what you mentioned.
And as I've said before, Hayne being overlooked for the '11 GF as a result of the
"Gutful of Foran" incident.
So, there's a history there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4