The turnaround

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a great run from the tesm!

What does everyone else put it down to?

Obviously confidence is a wonderful thing, but what has created the momentum?

1. Jorge Tafua - gone are the drops from the kicks. He's taking everything and running like a lion.

2. Josh Starling - give this bloke another contract! He's 24/5 is he not? Playing great footy, plenty of grunt.

3. Killer - the great man turns it on and things click.

4. Foran the Cat - has decided to turn up for his own ressons.

Of coutse Jake T, Snake etc are doing their thing, but the above have really added impetus to this run.

Loving it!!!

I put it down to a few things.
The playing group are so pissed off with what Toovey has been put through is the main thing.
A chance to send Toovey out and redeem themselves after a dreadful first 15 rounds of the competition, I think as well the fact that so many of them have had long term injuries and are finally match fit. We look so energetic right now and that is we have finally got some consistency in the team and the big thing is belief is starting to really soar. It is a one week at a time scenario but if we make it we can rattle some cages come September!

Simply put, if we didn't have the massive injury toll like we did earlier and DCE's contract was wrapped up last year like it was supposed to be then we'd probably be pushing for a 4th consecutive top 4 finish for the 1st time since the mid 90's.

But Taufua's return and the fact that the forwards now revolve around Jake and Willie are huge factors.

Various reasons, but the 3 main ones are:

*Our team is no longer distracted by the contract situations of their 2 key halves
*A lack of injuries
*A few certain players are putting in serious effort now (may or may not have some thing to do with Tooves being unfairly sacked - guilt)

Last edited:
Just quietly, Willie Mason has been playing great the last few weeks too. He has lifted the tempo. You can tell he's playing for a contract at Manly or elsewhere next year

To me it reminds me of how sloppy souths were around this time last year,and then they clicked, and they were unstoppable after that

Every forward has really stood up of late.
Last year souffs really got up and in on Lyon fast and in numbers, they won that battle. This game they did the same and Lyon turned provider and decoy to open up the wing and Hiku scored three and could have had five. Lyon is winning the war.

Jamie Lyon has had enough.

After the Loko incident, Jorge was put on notice and a drinks ban

Foran's retention at all costs by Manly, the injury list and the rumours of 2v's ultimate demise, gave us the 'Most likely to win the Wooden Spoon' tag for 18 rounds :mad:

It's quite simple for me

We now have Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, Foran, DCE, Mateo and Starling close to fully for and stringing some games together and the side is getting better week to week

It's quite simple for me

We now have Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, Foran, DCE, Mateo and Starling close to fully for and stringing some games together and the side is getting better week to week
I think it much more then that, we are playing well even when we lose a player like Snake or Matai during a match. I think Bozo's tap on the shoulder has lit a fire under some players aswell as Toovey being sacked making some of the old crew really lift to another level.

1 - Attitude & Belief
2 - Defence & more early shifts of the footy rather than that 1 out dribble

Jorge being healthy and off the piss has solidified that side. Tom Turbo being up to it has probably sparked the other side by putting Pud on notice.

Foz is finally happy that he can leave knowing he got Tooves sacked.

Most of the pack is playing for jobs because they pretty much all got the tap.

What ****s me is that we wasted two thirds of a season playing utterly ****. I still remember that Dragons game early on when we couldn't score a point. Probably the worst I'd seen them play in a decade.

Last edited:
I think also when a coach gets the sack there are no longer any excuses.

I do think that the turnaround has been hugely due to Foran suddenly pulling his finger out. This has just meant we have that 5/8 who plays like a lock, running hard and fast and creating energy all around the field. The forwards feed off this, and DCE is then suddenly freed up. Which creates opportunities everywhere...Killer etc.

I also feel there is nothing to lose now too. So the players are just getting out their and going at teams. Sometimes that's what you need, the situation seemed impossible a few weeks back. And I'm really getting shades of the Eels run in 2009 when Hindmarsh famously said ' we need to win 9 of our remaining 8 games to make the semis'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4