The thief

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Ox is just way too enigmatic for me. One day he is winning the match single handed, the next he loses it single handed. We were woeful on Sunday and it wasn't just the Ox. Des should have sent out messages to raid the right side, but did he? I didn't see much of Toovs speeding to our rescue. Our pack was a little soft, Bryant needs time in PL and Kingy didn't dent any line. From where I stood Beaver looked at a ball on the ground a couple of times where a more hungry player would have jumped on it. A mess really. Des's tactics seemed to be that you try to barge up the middle, then run sideways and drop the ball. Play footie in the last ten minutes' and don't look for supports. A simple plan really, only it didn't work..... for us.

:lol:

Thats not kiwi bagging a player is it???

:lol: I used to be hated by plenty on the old MSE for my player assessments

Must admit the fuse is a lot longer these days and sprays are not as common as they used to be, but Orford has the match out at ht and by about 60mins in i was lit.

I won't hook into a guy that is trying his arse off and making mistakes, because at least you can see the commitment and effort, but yesterday i saw a bloke who should have been standing up show no desire or will to be there and get us the 2 points with plenty of the usual contributors out

Having said all that, I will be watching this week and every other week from here to the end hoping he pulls out a string of blinders and leads us to a comp.

im pretty sure i was one of the most annoying Monas fans.. but have been proved right in a few ways...

BUT... i still think Monas at 5/8 with Orford CAN work... if they train together. I think with Burns or Lyon at 5/8.. we lack a bit of spark.. and Orford or Monas does too much.. With both in the halves... they can stand on different sides of the fields and we have different options on opposite sides of the field and we become unpredictable. Yeah they have been paired together a few times.. but you need 5-6 games in a row to see their potential together. This will also enable Ballin to play 80 min of football.

Too much pressure on Orford to run the show.. its the same reasoning i gave Monas when he was struggling (except he had **** forwards as well)... but he cant carry us on his own imo.

yeah that too.

Lets face it, he is ****, now lets move on and throw a ridiculous amount of money at the next overpriced womble who comes on the open market, we've been doing it for years so why stop now.

Gould got it exactly right. The play was to miss Watmough and hit Menzies with the cutout pass. He hit Watmough twice. The other time we scored. If he had thrown a cutout on that second last play, we would have won the game. A top half back should have been able to see that.

You guys are kidding. Orford is class through and through. He'll come good, and this week to boot !

Monaghan may have been a good 1/2 back, but he was inclined to have some very poor games.

Come on Orford....LIFT !!!!

I was hyped for Orford coming to Manly. But i am still yet to see him take control of the game and win it for us more than once a season. He is on the same money as Johns was, Lockyer and more than Thurston and he hasn't performed half as good as any of them.

He does **** all for 79 minutes then kicks a field goal and everyone calls him a hero.

As we saw at Melbourne when he is on he is a gun.

Still, I'd rather an in-form Orford over an In-Form Monaghan.

Gould got it exactly right. The play was to miss Watmough and hit Menzies with the cutout pass. He hit Watmough twice. The other time we scored. If he had thrown a cutout on that second last play, we would have won the game. A top half back should have been able to see that.
Even on his last run of the game he just had to look inside and there was Choc with the line open. Nope - he went for glory and finished short. Frustrating. Anyway, as a maroon&white through&through I hope his form comes good as others are predicting. We won't get anywhere near the grand final if he doesn't.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8