The team that should be selected for rd 1 and why

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like Walker and Garrick might start as the left side centre/wing, with Suli & Saab on the right. However I wouldn't mind seeing Funa get left wing ahead of Garrick. Either way we'll have all-new outside back combinations, so defensive cohesion could be a big problem early on.

Having said that I think our leaky outside defence in the trial was mostly due to the middle getting exposed. Cust at hooker was OK with the ball but not very convincing in defence. Croker must be the preferred 9 and if his defence is not right we'll be in deep trouble. Luckily tackling is his best quality, so fingers crossed.

Davey and Schu on the bench with Keppie and Aloiai, and we're ready to go.

Unlucky first up will be either Funa or Garrick, with Haumole, Boyle, Sippers getting their chance soon enough. While Turbo's missing, Harper has a great chance to stake his claim for a permanent spot somewhere in the backs.
Unless Garrick has been working on his goal kicking all off season, and It’s improved immensely, I’d give the spot to Funa, and let DCE do the goal kicking.

I like your top team except I'd bring in Olakau-atu over Keppie. Davey and Olakau-atu can both play middle if needed. Id rather Olakau-atu play middle than not get selected at all just to accommodate Keppie.

Olakau-atu would be one of the first picked in my mind (not necessarily in Des's though). I thought he had been ruled out of round one due to injury?

When I'm watching Garrick line up for a kick it reminds me of when I'm about to tee off with a driver.
This could go anywhere folks

Funny but I was a reasonable cricketer when young and when I stopped seeing balls whizzing past me ( mid 30’s) they said “ take up golf you’ll be a natural “.

I could putt pretty well , I could even chip in from the sand trap or rough pretty well BUT do you think I could get a ball to go straight off the tee or on the fairway!!!!

Traded my clubs in after 12 months and said “ **** this ****”.

NRL.com’S likely round 1 team ( no Schuster ).

Attachments

• 44551F54-16F0-4965-88F8-94E08E64B20B.png
    44551F54-16F0-4965-88F8-94E08E64B20B.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 24
NRL.com’S likely round 1 team ( no Schuster ).
Probably good for us - they have no idea. They also have Gosie on the bench which won't happen either.

Des is a very stubborn coach, but I hold out hope that he isn't stubborn to the point of blindness. You would have to be blind not to see this kid is ready, and not only that, but he would be significantly hurting the team and Schuster's development if he left him out of the 17. If anyone earned their spot in the trial, surely it was the Schu.

Probably good for us - they have no idea. They also have Gosie on the bench which won't happen either.

Des is a very stubborn coach, but I hold out hope that he isn't stubborn to the point of blindness. You would have to be blind not to see this kid is ready, and not only that, but he would be significantly hurting the team and Schuster's development if he left him out of the 17. If anyone earned their spot in the trial, surely it was the Schu.

Agree 110% BUT this is Des , and we probably know what that means.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4