The Task Ahead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Looking at the horror rounds from Round 6 to Round 10 - many of last year's finalists - we have an interesting start to the season.

Round 1 - Raiders at Brookie - tipped to be awful.
Round 2 - Cowboys - Grand Finalist and away!
Round 3 - Sharks at Brookie - ordinary for much of last year
Round 4 Chooks at Brookie - poor last year but among Premiership favourites.
Round 5 Warriors away - in disarray but always hard to beat at home.

It would seem to me that we need to win at least three of these games to be in decent shape - hard to win against the Cowboys so it means we need to beat either the Chookies at Brookie or the Warriors away.

Doable but not necessarily easy.

Next six games are:

Round 6 Dragons at Home
Round 7 Dogs Away
Round 8 Eels Away
Round 9 Tigers Away
Round 10 Broncos Away

This five week stretch could define our season as there are no easy games, all but the Dragons are away and conceivably we could lose the lot, leaving us amongst the cellar dwellers.

We have a softer finish but to meet all of these top teams before the Rep season is fully under way is going to be touch. We do have a softer finish than some clubs!!

Tough times ahead in my view!!!

I'm tipping we win 8 of the first 10 rounds...

we will win the first 4 and then beat dragons at home.. tigers, broncos and bulldogs away :D

I'm tipping we win 8 of the first 10 rounds...

we will win the first 4 and then beat dragons at home.. tigers, broncos and bulldogs away :D
TRUE SUPPORTER (I will check your tips in the tipping comp?) 8|

i think Des knows this CW - he has said you wont see the best until round 5 or 6.

The simple answer is if we are to be a top 4 team we will win some of those tough away games in a row and all at home and be right up there. If we are jsut here to make up the numbers and waste money on extra halfbacks then we will be celler dwellers with just the warriors below us.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2