The Sort of Article We like to See

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
This could be a nothing but after discussions about Rugby and League this sort of article in Saturdays Manly Daily is one that is good to see:

Erick lured by league

Joe Barton

07Jul07

THE continued improvement of the Manly Sea Eagles over the last four seasons could encourage Allambie Heights' Erick Calderon to choose rugby league over rugby union.

The talented 15-year-old has already toured the world with the 15-a-side sport when he competed in the Hong Kong 10s with the Seaforth Raiders.

But the lure of more open space on the field and the rising profile of players like Brett Stewart has given rugby league the edge when it comes to snaring Cumberland Newspapers latest Junior Sports Star nominee.

And after excelling at rugby league, rugby union, tennis, athletics and surf lifesaving, it would be fair to say that Erick is spoiled for choice when it comes to deciding what sport will be graced with his involvement.

``I like both league and union, but I'm probably enjoying league a bit more,'' the outside back said.

``I just feel more involved and I like the enthusiasm of it. I try to get over for a couple of tries when I can.''

Erick, who currently plays league for the Cromer Kingfishers, plans on trying out for the Sea Eagles Harold Matthews team later this year.

The youngster has spent the year training with the Manly Marlins, but at the moment he is drawn to rugby league like a moth to a light.

``I love Manly. It'd be a real thrill (to play for the Sea Eagles),'' he said.

``I like to think of Brett Stewart is an influence, and Steve Menzies is my hero - an inspiration for all Manly supporters.''To nominate a Cumberland Newspapers 2007 Junior Sports Star online go to www.manlydaily.com.au and click on the ``Junior Sports Star'' link logo.

Only here for another month or so, then I'm being shipped off.

It's been fun though and I've built up my portfolio a lot so hopefully I can get a similarly enjoyable gig somewhere else in the near future.

Only here for another month or so, then I'm being shipped off.

It's been fun though and I've built up my portfolio a lot so hopefully I can get a similarly enjoyable gig somewhere else in the near future.
What has been your impression of Manly's media management?

From a Manly Daily perspective he's always been very, very helpful to be perfectly honest.

Not that I am surprised by that. He loves the club, and more often than not the MD helps promote the Sea Eagles, so he helps the MD out where he can.

It's just too bad that the NRL isn't a mickey mouse suburban competition like it was in the days of the NSWRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4