The Simpson's Movie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Simpson's Movie?

Am I the only person in a 1st world country who hasnt been engulfed by the Simpsons ? My awkward confession is that ive never seen an episode of the show. Ever. I have no interest at all.
You would get on great with my mum and dad Jatz, they don't rate the show either. They are in their mid 70's however. ;)

The Simpson's Movie?

Am I the only person in a 1st world country who hasnt been engulfed by the Simpsons ? My awkward confession is that ive never seen an episode of the show. Ever. I have no interest at all.

So im afraid the whole movie hype leaves me particularly unphased. (insert blank yellow circle with no smiley features at all)

I saw the first episode which screened in the same week as the Twin Peaks pilot.

Thought Twin Peaks was much better (and still do) and have never bothered to watch another Simpsons in full.

The Simpson's Movie?

blah,
Ive seen 100 episopdes that are better than that movie. Very dissapointed. On the other hand though, Transformers farken rocks.

The Simpson's Movie?

You would get on great with my mum and dad Jatz, they don't rate the show either. They are in their mid 70's however. ;)

Sounds great. I guess then, we should meet up at the bowls club to discuss & enjoy a nice soup or roast of the day together. :lol:

The Simpson's Movie?

American satire is an oxymoron.

It is far too obvious.
In general I agree but if you don't watch it how do you know this is the case with The Simpsons.
As one seeking to understand Gen Y and their foibles, I would have thought it was perfect fodder for this. 8)

The Simpson's Movie?

[quote author=Matabele]
American satire is an oxymoron.

It is far too obvious.
In general I agree but if you don't watch it how do you know this is the case with The Simpsons.
As one seeking to understand Gen Y and their foibles, I would have thought it was perfect fodder for this. 8)

[/quote]

It's a Gen X show!

Bebo is more informative on Gen Y.

The Simpson's Movie?

My conjecture is that it is also a Gen Y show! Look at its time slot and TV station. It crosses the gap between the two. Movies today are marketed towards the Under 20s primarily, as you know hence the visit to the Big Screen.

Its humour works at different levels for young kids, teenagers plus those older.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4