The short kick-off (receiving)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
When was the last time we came up trumps on one of these.

I am surprised teams don't just give this a go every time, it seems nearly everytime and at crucial moments we fail to defuse these.

in 3000 words or less, discuss, including diagrams and extra credit for video representation of your argument

I was worried - as I was when the Wild Child was called upon to take a bomb in goal :s

Both are now happy events :)

This game just shows the skill level at Manly, and more importantly the mental focus was maintained inspite of some provocation from the Refs/mainly Souths Crowd and the oppressive 27C degree 94% humidity match conditions :angel:

The 9 days rest will do wonders for Manly - they would all be mighty sore this morning.

Its all about attention to detail. If there is a short kick off and we are either receiving or delivering, we need our 2 tallest players on either side of the kick off so that we have a chance to get the ball. Our players at times are too hesistant under the high ball.

sheridanstand78 said:
Its all about attention to detail. If there is a short kick off and we are either receiving or delivering, we need our 2 tallest players on either side of the kick off so that we have a chance to get the ball. Our players at times are too hesistant under the high ball.

fair point, but that can be reversed on you very easily, throw your troops one way, they shift the other. That's part of the puzzle, it's just always caught us out and I am surprised teams haven't recognised this yet

We must have the worst record with defending opposition short kick offs. No charts or further analysis required. Need to be focused and prepared.

Memo to 2V: pleas add to training regime.

It seems that you can play many games and not see a short kick off. Normally teams pass it to a front rower to cart up but maybe stack more in the middle of the half as a precaution?

Don't need diagrams or video. Opposition kicks ball.....we catch it. Play on. I don't know how hard it can possibly be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4