The Send off rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I get some dangerous plays deserve a send off and I don't even want to debate what offence that may be, that's respectfully up to the ref and officials.
But the player sent off I feel should not be allowed back on the field and serve 10 minutes and then after 10 minutes replaced by a bench player.
From that point the player deemed guilty and sent off can not come back into the game, effectively giving the side a 16 man team.
The guilty player then learns his /her fate at the judiciary the follow week but we see a 1; on 13 game with the exception of the 10 minutes from that sin bin for the offence
What's the thoughts ?

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Great minds think alike (well similar).:)

Last edited:

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In origin the rules have been interpreted differently for decades, 6 send offs in the history of origin with 120+ games played.

For me a send off should have deliberation with the bunker and on field officials.

Rules below regarding high contact..

Mitigating factors include;

Tackler clearly bent at the waist and/or knees to make contact with ball Carrier legally and ball carrier unexpectedly and rapidly loses height (where deliberate, penalty may be reversed), and the tackler is unable to adjust.

I am under the view the send off tonight should have been ten in the bin and dealt with at the judiciary, grade 2 or 3?

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Sent off stay off.
If before half time player can be replaced at half time.

Rocky

Bencher
I think there has to be more options than the binary 10 minutes or sent off situation.

I believe as the rules stand that Suaalii deserved to be sent off..but that does seem harsh given that Walsh fell into the tackle.

I think something like 20 minutes with 12 men and Suaalii doesn't return is fair.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I get some dangerous plays deserve a send off and I don't even want to debate what offence that may be, that's respectfully up to the ref and officials.
But the player sent off I feel should not be allowed back on the field and serve 10 minutes and then after 10 minutes replaced by a bench player.
From that point the player deemed guilty and sent off can not come back into the game, effectively giving the side a 16 man team.
The guilty player then learns his /her fate at the judiciary the follow week but we see a 1; on 13 game with the exception of the 10 minutes from that sin bin for the offence
What's the thoughts ?
I like the idea. At this level, a send off is game over. Even at NRL, an early send off makes if virtually impossible to compete.

Rafferty

Mug punter
I think he lined him up with intention to smash him regardless to whether he had the ball or not. Maybe didn't mean to take him high, but the intent was there.

I'd have sent him, and I'm the best couch ref there ever was.
That’s the objective when your defending, smash the ball carrier, Liam Martin’s effort on Coates, lined him up and smashed him, great hit, if Walsh didn’t slip, Suaalii’s tackle would of been a great hit. Said it before ref didn’t bother with it in the run of play, because there was nothing illegal in it, accidental, unfortunate, rooted the game.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
It’s a send off in NRL but imo we are just trying to kill our game to please people that will never support rugba leeg no matter how much you water it down…
MMA has taken the right approach - this is OUR sport, participants know and accept what they are getting into and the bleeding hearts can GO F*CK THEMSELVES…

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
It’s a send off in NRL but imo we are just trying to kill our game to please people that will never support rugba leeg no matter how much you water it down…
MMA has taken the right approach - this is OUR sport, participants know and accept what they are getting into and the bleeding hearts can GO F*CK THEMSELVES…

Dunno, reckon that is still a send off 25 years ago

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20