The Sei-build

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Heard discussion on NRL 360 that DCE is on about 800 from next year, which is good considering Moses is on 1.6. Daly will probably (and rightly he deserves his time because Thurston wanted his teammate from the cows Morgan) keep playing for QLD and get extra match payments and endorsements from that as the captain (all the beer stuff and chemist warehouse etc. Captain is guaranteed picked so they can do promotional stuff early in the year (whoops blues and Teddy, possibly Cleary too!) But with Brooks, Schuster and Arthur it's not so much of a strain as it could have been.
That’s great value for him. We also need to consider his long term discount for being at one club. Not sure what that discount is but could be a few hundred thousand off the cap. Ultimately we could only be paying him $550-$600 against the cap.

No, just no. A few points:

1. That STILL doesn't address hooker. Croker is FANTASTIC (leadership, effort, attitude - but he is NOT a specialized hooker, and opposition teams take advantage of that).

2. I see NO reason to be re-upping Woods, if you're letting Keppie go. Ridiculous decision. STOP letting young, quality players GO like Tuitavake, Fifita, Fainu 1, Fainu 2, Fainu 3, and signing plonkers like Woods - the guy runs the 50 in 15 (and I'm not talking seconds !). On that note, Tuilagi put the plonk in plonker - get rid of him (and he can take his friend Aloiai with him).

3. If your backline is Tommy, Saab, Garrick, Koula & Paulo - with Weekes (and Talau) the backups, loyalty and warms n fuzzies aside, there's no room for Parker, Tuipulotu & Vaega. Use that money on a hooker and forwards !

4. Zac Fulton, Morgan Boyle & Morgan Harper leaving is fine, they are surplus to demands. Paseka getting a long term deal is great. Schuster should be playing lock. Please do NOT put Jake back there, he is far too slow.

5. Yes, we need a prop, but if our forwards continue to get slow(ish) ball distributed to them, and we don't have a solid kicking option, with some bursting speed out of 9, our forwards will continue to get dominated. Ballin wasn't the quickest player, but his distribution was lightning fast, which made up for this, and he could KICK.

6. Ideally, keep Samuela. Jesus, the loyalty and support we showed that damned family through the crap, surely we can keep ONE.

Next season (if the BOLD embarrassing claim given our current position, is that we are entering into a premiership window - reminds me of Todd Boehley claiming Chelsea were going to win the Champions League game 3-0), we need to look at something like this:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. NEW (Marquee)
09. NEW (Marquee)
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Ethan Bullemor

Where is this claim about being in a premiership window coming from? They are obviously blind to where we really are, and that claim is embarrassing to the club. We are closer to challenging for a bloody wooden spoon right now ! Our 8-17 players are bog average (based on an upgrade to our 1-7 next season). Are the club really this out of touch with reality?
Good post, we really need a good prop to get some vigor in to our engine-room. I am flabbergasted that 8 weeks ago Schuster was dropped at 5/8 for not doing enough work and we put him on a monster deal in a position even more demanding. DCE’s and the other players opinion clearly not important to the recruitment team. I think we are ok at 9, everytime we win the middle he goes super, never quits in defense.

Great post , key point is the 9 , the fowards we have would look a lot better with a proper 9 running them onto the ball
Is that GT ? I don’t know as I have mentioned b4 Peter Mamzoulas would be my pick and I think in our budget 400k ish
Will the rabbits let him go, big wraps on him. GCKT and Humphries with Croker will do me for next year to see how things progress. No point having money burn a hole in your pocket if Croker is off contract at the end of 2024, and if Gordon comes good in firsts it becomes Weapon Prop capital to spend. 2025 is the target.

Keppie has had plenty of chances to cement himself as a starter but constantly come up short. Ok if he gets the punt. Happy the club are taking chances, gives hope.

If he does I’d be going after Braden Hamlin-Uele from the sharks. Probably don’t have the coin but it would be nice.

Or how about the young Kiwi wrecking ball from the Phins Te Whare, he's a bit green but that's the way I like em..

Will the rabbits let him go, big wraps on him. GCKT and Humphries with Croker will do me for next year to see how things progress. No point having money burn a hole in your pocket if Croker is off contract at the end of 2024, and if Gordon comes good in firsts it becomes Weapon Prop capital to spend. 2025 is the target.
A Hooker and a Prop....they should make this a doco for Manly's next recruitment process stage.

Maybe get Richard Gere to be the narrator.

Aloai wont go, he's on 600k. No ones gunna cough up this sort of coin.
Maybe the club can look for a third party sponsor to take up the bulk of the wages and sponsor him....

Attachments

• 1688261148380.png
    1688261148380.png
    784.2 KB · Views: 8
Heard discussion on NRL 360 that DCE is on about 800 from next year, which is good considering Moses is on 1.6. Daly will probably (and rightly he deserves his time because Thurston wanted his teammate from the cows Morgan) keep playing for QLD and get extra match payments and endorsements from that as the captain (all the beer stuff and chemist warehouse etc. Captain is guaranteed picked so they can do promotional stuff early in the year (whoops blues and Teddy, possibly Cleary too!) But with Brooks, Schuster and Arthur it's not so much of a strain as it could have been.

Take a deep breath.

I believe nothing as far as salaries go that comes out of any of those newscorp stooges.
Moses on 1.6 mill. Don't believe that whatsoever.

But, who cares as long as they can stay within the salary cap.
Just like Manly who are selling off gold Fainu’s in order to sign spoons like Talau and Brooks. They must think Manly are Santa Claus, while the Fainu’s are getting the grinch treatment. 🤔

No, just no. A few points:

1. That STILL doesn't address hooker. Croker is FANTASTIC (leadership, effort, attitude - but he is NOT a specialized hooker, and opposition teams take advantage of that).

2. I see NO reason to be re-upping Woods, if you're letting Keppie go. Ridiculous decision. STOP letting young, quality players GO like Tuitavake, Fifita, Fainu 1, Fainu 2, Fainu 3, and signing plonkers like Woods - the guy runs the 50 in 15 (and I'm not talking seconds !). On that note, Tuilagi put the plonk in plonker - get rid of him (and he can take his friend Aloiai with him).

3. If your backline is Tommy, Saab, Garrick, Koula & Paulo - with Weekes (and Talau) the backups, loyalty and warms n fuzzies aside, there's no room for Parker, Tuipulotu & Vaega. Use that money on a hooker and forwards !

4. Zac Fulton, Morgan Boyle & Morgan Harper leaving is fine, they are surplus to demands. Paseka getting a long term deal is great. Schuster should be playing lock. Please do NOT put Jake back there, he is far too slow.

5. Yes, we need a prop, but if our forwards continue to get slow(ish) ball distributed to them, and we don't have a solid kicking option, with some bursting speed out of 9, our forwards will continue to get dominated. Ballin wasn't the quickest player, but his distribution was lightning fast, which made up for this, and he could KICK.

6. Ideally, keep Samuela. Jesus, the loyalty and support we showed that damned family through the crap, surely we can keep ONE.

Next season (if the BOLD embarrassing claim given our current position, is that we are entering into a premiership window - reminds me of Todd Boehley claiming Chelsea were going to win the Champions League game 3-0), we need to look at something like this:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. NEW (Marquee)
09. NEW (Marquee)
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Ethan Bullemor

Where is this claim about being in a premiership window coming from? They are obviously blind to where we really are, and that claim is embarrassing to the club. We are closer to challenging for a bloody wooden spoon right now ! Our 8-17 players are bog average (based on an upgrade to our 1-7 next season). Are the club really this out of touch with reality?
Where has all your positivity gone Ryan… yesterday you were singing praises … today … well you are back to normal!

Just sayin’

Interesting read and discussion. Mestrov and siebold are full of energy and are getting things done. However It seems a bit unorthodox to give away the best two young prospects in the club to sign Luke Brooks the halfback with the worst win record in the worst team in the comp on the proviso that he has resilience because he has steered the tigers to so many defeats.

Also interesting to read that the reasoning behind this is that we are in a premiership window. Assumedly this window will only last two years as Dce will retire at the end of 2025 when we will need a new halfback.

Maybe a few years ago when we had afb tapau at his best, dylan walker, api , Manase fainu a younger version of both turbos Dce we were in a premiership window.I’m not so certain now.

In fact our on field performance this year has been almost unacceptable at stages. The losses against Brisbane and the Eels stand out as some of the most disgraceful performances I have witnessed in the last few years . We have however also shown some great form when at full strength.

Interesting to see this play out however I’m getting the feeling this is more about short term desperation as if the current form continues for another 12 months our coach and ceo will be under huge pressure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11