The Scam / JT Testimonial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Very well said.

Scary thing about Cronk is that if the Roosters find a suitable TPA through Politis and his connections then they aren't doing anything wrong. That's how ridiculous this TPA system is. Allows rich clubs to profit from success while completely undermining the Cap.

Sounds like it's possible, it'll just be up to Cooper.

Yet another consequence of the Super League war. Managers and their players didn't like the idea of taking massive pay cuts after the ridiculous amounts of money that players on both sides were paid during that time, but the reality was that most clubs simply couldn't afford it without Packer and Murdoch footing the bill. So TPA's started up and its been a blight on the fairness of the salary cap ever since.

And shock horror, which clubs have been the biggest beneficiaries? Clubs like Brisbane who are the only club in town. And most of those only team in town clubs, other than Newcastle.....were Super League aligned (note: Melbourne wasn't actually a SL club as they came to be the year after SL....but they were owned by News and their players mostly came from other SL clubs like the Western Reds, Hunter Mariners and Adelaide Rams).

conanu

Bencher
What worries me the most, is a feeling Smith is being groomed for the top job. If that ever happens it'll be the end of footy for me.
He might have a smart footy brain but he is no chance for the top job. Cronk maybe but not Smith. Jason King will be the next CEO of the NRL.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep - its a scary unfair comp when this plays out in front of the supporter base of other clubs. Why even attempt to have a salary cap....? Why?

The thing I don't like about the game at the moment is that the NRL has welcomed blokes like Paul Kent to be NRL Advocates. This now influences what he can and can't say. Without doubt this has changed his approach to Rugby League reporting. He basically went from the start of the year hating the officiating, to the end of the year saying its the best its ever been.
Whilst Greenslime has the media reporting only what he wants with nothing negative, the majority of supporters just travel along thinking everything is great.

The Greengoblin must go and with him must go TPA's, testomonial matches, $2billion rectangular stadiums at Homebush etc etc

Agree, but who is going to sack him, certainly not John Grant who is just as bad.

I think we are stuck with him until he himself decides to move on.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Yep - its a scary unfair comp when this plays out in front of the supporter base of other clubs. Why even attempt to have a salary cap....? Why?

The thing I don't like about the game at the moment is that the NRL has welcomed blokes like Paul Kent to be NRL Advocates. This now influences what he can and can't say. Without doubt this has changed his approach to Rugby League reporting. He basically went from the start of the year hating the officiating, to the end of the year saying its the best its ever been.
Whilst Greenslime has the media reporting only what he wants with nothing negative, the majority of supporters just travel along thinking everything is great.

The Greengoblin must go and with him must go TPA's, testomonial matches, $2billion rectangular stadiums at Homebush etc etc

The simple fact is that to make the salary cap what it was intended to be in the first place.....i.e. something to make the competition a somewhat level playing field, there needs to be a cap on TPA's otherwise clubs like Brisbane will always have a massive advantage.

The sad thing is that because the game has become big business for the NRL thanks to the commercial side of things (e.g. television).....the NRL won't put a cap on TPA's for fear of losing the commercial support that its come to rely on for the bulk of its income.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12