The run home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
We have the Tigers, Bulldogs, Titans and Warriors in the run home.

What's your advice to Des? Throw in the kids? Build for 2021? Play Tom?

Assume this season is gooone ...

We have the Tigers, Bulldogs, Titans and Warriors in the run home.

What's your advice to Des? Throw in the kids? Build for 2021? Play Tom?

Assume this season is gooone ...
Not dislike your post just the fact that at present we won't be winning any of those games, we are shot mentally.

With Garrick out, I think you'll find Schuster will come into the 21 (Hopefully).

Haven't been to impressed with Cust since after the Knights game. I'd be willing to throw Schuster straight in at 6 either this game or if not, definitely against the Dogs.

Other than our backs, the other big issue is who is going to play 9 next year. Right now, I haven't seen anything from Levi/Cust/Croker to say that they are what we need in a hooker.

Throw in the kids but keep the bathwater...
I'd like to see (in order of preference): Guaca, The Shoe, Tenterfield, Harper, Anderson, Metcalf, Miski, Titmus, Sipley. I don't think Burbo is near ready.
What is our optimum outcome from these final four matches? To win? Yes, that would be nice but it won't alter the fact that our season has been a failure overall.
To give future players a taste of the NRL? Yes, I think that would be sensible, and I'd reckon the coaching staff would like to see how much they could rely on these players making an impact in 2021.
For me, the only thing I'm looking forward to for the remainder of the season is watching our rookies play. I'd be happy to give most of our top 13 a rest and a longer time to recover from injuries and the mental scars that come with defeat.

Regardless of the ongoing arguement of "when" to play the youngsters....with the season shot, it is surely a good time to gain some experience....there's NO easy games to be introduced and it will help with much needed game time and give an insight as to what NRL is about, preparing for a good off season and building for 2021.
If Manly were in the race Tom would be needed, but as it is today, maybe best to rest up and work on some hamstring rehab to stay on the field in 2021.
The blokes I would have is Hoppa at Fullback where he can float and move Funa back to centre, with Schuster either starting at 6 or off the bench where he can play where needed as is super versatile. Big Guocomole should be the first of any of them picked and still unsure how he played himself out of an ordinary side when he was best on ground vs NZ ??
Metcalfe could be considered, as we look slow and he is lightning fast, but I do know why he has not got a run and been considered...purely his defence, but can't be much worse than a few others atm.

I'd probably hire two beautiful Thai masseuses and have Joel, Siro, Tom, Jake, Jorge, Dylan and Parker being worked on for the rest of the year and run with:

1 Hoppa (match fitness for whoever picks him up for 2021
2 Miski (why not)
3 Suli
4 TyFuna
5 Anderson?
6 Cust
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 ZDC?
10 Marty
11 Haumole
12 Waddell
13 Schuster

14 Levi
15 Keppie
16 Tof
17 TRex (final match of the year as a swansong) otherwise Saddler

I mean just for laughs

Win, win, win, win. Not even a question for me!
A couple of other players will get called in but no need to go overboard, we want to bloody win a game.
Are our SEEKING systems so wired and hypersensitive that we need an instant win fix and cannot hold off that urge for the sake of a longer term plan? Sure, we should, and will go out, with a mindset of wanting to win each of those games. As a fan, I'll also be cheering and screaming for the win as I follow each of those games... but surely, for the sake of the longer term big picture we want to give all potential young players some exposure to first grade while the downside costs are so minimal?

... but surely, for the sake of the longer term big picture we want to give all potential young players some exposure to first grade while the downside costs are so minimal?
I would say no, only those potential young players who are ready.

I would say no, only those potential young players who are ready.
How are they ever going to be ready in the current climate? It's that very exposure that is going to help accelerate their learning path. We understand they are going to struggle, we know they are going to lack match fitness. I'm completely OK with that with the only caveat being, that they are mentally willing and want to play.

Also we lose 3 straight more and we equal club record of 8 straight defeats but lose all 4 unwanted club record of 9 straight defeats.

Lets not lose our heads

1.Funa
2.Hoppa
3.Parker
4.Harper
5.Tafua
6.Cust
7.DCE
8.AFB
9.Levi
10.Tapau
11.Olakau'Atu
12.Sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.Schuster
15.Thompson
16.Keppie
17.Paseka

I'm backing us to win the last four. Go Manly!!!
I wish I could be as confident as you @Clint , seeing us live over the last month and a half this team has lost the will to win. We sure shot mentally and I just can’t see us getting up.
i want us to win so bad but just can’t see it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4