The problem with being an expert (circa 2019)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And aren’t we sick of seeing them too??

I’m of the belief ( in my circa 2019 expert opinion) that the cap needs to be abandoned and replaced with a points based system to better spread the talent.

I was pleased to see that the idea is gaining some traction to with a story I read at the weekend about it being considered.
Couldn’t agree more mate. It’s ridiculous how the NRL carry on about an even competition when two sides have featured on such a continuing basis.

That's news to me. If I start reading one of those big block paragraph posts, the first sentence registers as legible text but everything after that just seems like blah blah blah blah until I skip to the end to see if that part is worth reading and if not then I just skip to the next post.

I'm more of a one sentence paragraph, enter, enter, next sentence paragraph reader myself to keep my interest in what is being written..

Way to stuff up a perfectly good lie! (Beverly hills cop reference ftw.)

Now there will be chaos...and anarchy!

I think the problem with today's experts is that they aren't experts.
Back in the 70s you could name half a dozen respected league scribes straight up.
Prenter, Clarkson, Frilingos, Heads, Mordey, Tressider and throw in Hyde and Mossop and yes our very own Zorba for good measure.
And they were experts because as well as knowing the game, they knew the players.

Don't forget old mate Mike Gibson (the only good Norths tragic) ... could always catch him for a g'day or a yarn down at Balmoral in the mornings .....

A fair dinkum old school journalist ... when journalist actually meant something ...

Don't forget old mate Mike Gibson (the only good Norths tragic) ... could always catch him for a g'day or a yarn down at Balmoral in the mornings .....

A fair dinkum old school journalist ... when journalist actually meant something ...

And the other place you could see him was after work at the old Kings Head bar cnr of Elizabeth and Park. Mind you that was in the late 60s, early 70s when the Tele was stationed between Elizabeth and Castlereagh. I worked in advertising at the time a few doors down and often saw Gibson at lunch or late afternoon swilling beers with his mates. No doubt he got most of his information in those sessions. As for myself, yep I was swilling back then and throwing up like the best of them. Had to leave advertising because in those days most of the staff were drunks. My production manager boss used to have the lights dimmed in the mornings to cope.

@Woodsie

I actually like paragraphs, being old school and all.

But of course the millennials amongst us don’t actually write anything they only type and they mainly type on devices where dare I say, paragraphs are irrelevant!

And like many things in life times are changing ( sometimes not for the better).

@Woodsie

I actually like paragraphs, being old school and all.

But of course the millennials amongst us don’t actually write anything they only type and they mainly type on devices where dare I say, paragraphs are irrelevant!

And like many things in life times are changing ( sometimes not for the better).

Agree ... but that doesn't explain @Smokin Joe .... bloke might just be an anarchist or something .... a bloody rebel without an enter button ....

Remiss of me Woodsie.
Thanks for the reminder. They don't make em like Gibbo anymore...

Monday ..... Brad Arffur is a genious and should have his contract extended .....
Next Monday .... Who is the idiot that gave that imposter Arffur a job ....

FMD .... I worry about any of you brethern that bet money on this fukk up of a competition ...

Monday ..... Brad Arffur is a genious and should have his contract extended .....
Next Monday .... Who is the idiot that gave that imposter Arffur a job ....

FMD .... I worry about any of you brethern that bet money on this fukk up of a competition ...

Let this pupper fills you with awwwws!!!! :):):):):):):)

8e0570bec721f7e1dc82d27b41b360dc.jpeg

Back in the 60's, if you said St.George were going to go well, and that Gasnier was a good player .... chances are you would be correct ...

And in the 70's, if you said Manly will be there at the end of the year, and that bloke Fulton could play ... chances are you would be correct ...

... and in the 80's and 90's if you followed the games, and knew the form .... chances are you would be leading the tipping contest ..... or at least you would be beating the receptionist who picks teams on the colour of their jerseys ....

Not any more .... The problem that the pontificating experts have today is ..... they are full of shiite ..... and if they aren't .... wait a week, a month or a year and they will be .....

Brad Arffur is a good coach .... sack Brad Arffur ... wait Arffur is the Messiah!! ..... wait .....
Seibold is the world's best coach .... Seibold is a goose ... wait ...
Manly has a bottom 4 roster .... wait we have a good team .. wait ...
Manly's forwards over-rated and lack depth .... wait ... we have a great pack and a couple of great reserves ..
Parra win the spoon .... wait .. Parra top 5 bound ....
Mitchell Moses is shiitehouse release him .... wait he is a genius .. re-sign him ....
Opposing teams will have a field day against the GingaNinja .. wait .... he bashed them ...

You get my drift .... I don't think there has been more than 2 things the pontificators have got correct over the past 12 months ... and the jury is still out on those ..

It's really hard to say anything these days without qualifying your opinion with the words "I think" or "I believe" ... Unless of course you are a pontificator ... then you just tell us the way it is .... but wait ....

Bring back a simpler time when experts could be relied on to be correct more often than they were wrong ...

the experts just move the goalposts to suit

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8