The power of a few

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

sheridanstand78

First Grader
It is interesting to see over the last few days how some of the elite players get their way.

Latrell Mitchell was rightly rubbed out for 6 matches for his attack on former team mate when the Vermin played the chooks last time. The NRL has caved in and allowed him to return 1 round earlier due to him missing the indigenous v Maori game.

This has opened the door for others to also ask to bend the rules like Brandon Smith who brought the game into massive disrepute at the end of last season.

The NRL is yet again perceived as weak for allowing this to happen and the transparency of the judicial process is once again overruled.

Time to get it right I think!

I see a difference between an on-field offence and an off-field one. I'd be reluctant to let the coke-head suspensions be wiped by the All-stars game, they need some more meaningful penalty.

He should have been allowed to play the Allstars game. Without trying offend anyone, it’s an exhibition game that the bulk of the NRL community don’t care much about...sure they’ll watch it, but it carries far less weight than a competition game, in terms of what fans place a value on.

He committed the offence in an NRL match and thus should sit out 6 NRL games.

He should have been allowed to play the Allstars game. Without trying offend anyone, it’s an exhibition game that the bulk of the NRL community don’t care much about...sure they’ll watch it, but it carries far less weight than a competition game, in terms of what fans place a value on.

He committed the offence in an NRL match and thus should sit out 6 NRL games.
Agree he should have played All Stars.

But once they didnt allow it, it has to count

It's a tough one because suspension is supposed to act as punishment for (& a deterrent to recommitting) foul play.

I assume players are paid to play in the Indigenous team like they are in SOO etc.

If so, missing the game due to suspension also carries a financial loss as punishment so I can see why not playing can serve as 1 of the 6 games he's been sidelined for.

However, I think any player claiming missing a rep game as part of their suspension should be formally named as part of the team as a scratching, to legitimise their claim.

Obviously it would still be open to abuse but at least the selectors have to put their names to it rather than a club simply appealing to the NRL based on "oh he would have been picked so it should count" etc.

OR:

Suspended players are made completely ineligible due to their suspended status & therefore cannot be selected, ergo any rep games cannot be counted as part of their suspension.

Last edited:
The NRL certainly do have their 'pet' players, players who inspire gushing love-fests from the commentators too. Sometimes out of proportion from their actual achievements (K. Ponga, anyone? ). :cool:

More hero-making from the NRL publicity machine than the Marvel Universe and DC put together.

It often backfires - think Ben Barba, Jarryd Hayne, Karmichael Hunt...........now Latrell Mitchell. Folk who burn brightly for a while, but have character flaws that fame seems to accentuate.

Give me the MWRLFC 'under the radar' approach any day. Let the tries/ goals / tackles do the talking.

I don't think rep games should be counted as part of a suspension as it is open to abuse.
Yes some players pick themselves but what about the players who are borderline, can they claim the missed game as they might of got picked.
The suspension should be NRL games and if a rep game falls in that period well bad luck to the player.
As soon as you add grey areas to it then it gets abused. I'm sure years ago QLD sent Langer to England under a suspension and claimed those missed games for the local English comp counted so he could play origin.

Last edited:
It's a tough one because suspension is supposed to act as punishment for (& a deterrent to recommitting) foul play.

Speaking of deterrence:

“I don’t think I need to [change the way I play], I think the game needs to change,” Mitchell said to WWOS.

Sort of like silvertails, the power of the few,the PPC and the body disposer @Mark from Brisbane (by the way just stay bush mark).

It's a tough one, and both sides pull valid points, to my mind it should be like any other rep fixture I.e it shouldn't count against his suspension.

Pandora's box now officially open. Melbourne seeking similar treatment for Smith and Warrior's same for Reece Walsh. This is what happens when you play favorites you idiots. On top of it all Latrel regrets nothing. Wonder if he regrets costing South's a premiership ?

Just hopefully there will be karma for Latrell early in the year. Getting a bigger head and thinks he is bigger than the game.

what an ironstone
yeah !!!!!

1645677109763.png

an oldie but a goodie ,that image always brings a smile to my face

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10