The Ponga contract circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

pt73

Bencher
He's re-signed for 5 years so obviously daddy's groveling apology has worked.

The last sentence is a cracker.

Newcastle Knights captain Kalyn Ponga has signed a new five-year contract, securing his future at the club until at least the end of 2027.

Ponga said he is happy to sign the new deal and with the certainty the contract delivers.

“I’m grateful for the huge amount of time and hard work it has taken to get this new five-year deal completed, especially my family and key people from the club,” Ponga said.

“My teammates have been awesome; they have shown me every respect and patience, without any pressure throughout the negotiations.

“We are a very connected group and I am confident there are great things ahead for us.

“It has taken a long time to get to this position. I have always said big decisions like these should not be rushed, and we have taken the necessary time required.

“There has been a lot of reporting and opinions throughout the last few weeks, which I understand completely, and respect is a part of the game.

“I would like to thank all of those who have given me the respect of allowing me the space and time I needed to come to this decision – I am excited to have it done, and now I can get on with contributing to the club and city that I love.”

This new deal will commence for the 2023 season, replacing all existing options and clauses from the current contract.

Ponga has played 76 games for the Knights, and during that time Ponga has gone on to represent Queensland in State of Origin four times and also played for the Māori All Stars.

Newcastle CEO Phil Gardner highlighted the significance of the new deal.

“Kalyn is a quality person with great family values,” Gardner said. “We are delighted to secure his future and look forward to watching him lead this club for a very long time.

“I want to personally thank Kalyn, and his father Andre, for the respectful manner and professional approach they have applied throughout negotiations.”

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ponga is a massive talent and it's a coup for the Knights to tie him up long term. However it's not without its downside and the fact the dad apparently has or wants some role in the club is a big red flag. Now the kid is signed they should politely usher dad out the door, preferably the back door.

pt73

Bencher
The real worry if you read the comments, is some couldn’t work out if the ‘arrest’ was real or not.:eek:
I did read some of the comments, some of the followers are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Surprised nobody commented on me having a mate who's a Knights supporter, he's a fantastic guy apart from that. @:)

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I did read some of the comments, some of the followers are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Surprised nobody commented on me having a mate who's a Knights supporter, he's a fantastic guy apart from that. @:)
You mean like Ivan Milat was a pretty good bloke apart from the serial killing stuff…

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
old pappa Andre isnt fast becoming the Richard Williams of the NRL. Which is quiet fitting as I think Serina and Venus would both be stronger ball runners than Failin Kaylin

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13