The play that summed us up last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
there is one play that stuck in my mind, that indicated a complete lack of direction and game sense last night

In the first half Api is held up, we have plenty of time looking at the video to set ourselves and get ready for the next play

When the play is blown back on, we have AFB standing at dummy half. How the hell after that delay and we know the hooker will be playing the ball, do we not have someone with the nous to step up and know that they need to get in there to distribute the ball, rather than having AFB in there sending a harbour bridge pass out to first receiver

there is one play that stuck in my mind, that indicated a complete lack of direction and game sense last night

In the first half Api is held up, we have plenty of time looking at the video to set ourselves and get ready for the next play

When the play is blown back on, we have AFB standing at dummy half. How the hell after that delay and we know the hooker will be playing the ball, do we not have someone with the nous to step up and know that they need to get in there to distribute the ball, rather than having AFB in there sending a harbour bridge pass out to first receiver

It’s the forwards job to put them selves into position

We don’t have structure in attack been missing all year

#sackBarrett

The first play of the game peeved me off. Penriths first set and someone played at the ball .dont know who it was, as there wasnt a replay. Put us under pressure straight away and it was around 18 minutes till we got decent field position.

All our last tackle options were duds, but the highlight (lowlight, really) for me was the play where we got two kicks away, both of them awful.

I think the squad is mentally tired. I think Afb and marty were probably asked to play 80 mins with paseka and Oh Dear Lloyd on the bench. Marty hinted at the pre match he and AFB were required to step up, which is a little crazy. They have been the most consistent part of thus footy team with jakey for the last couple of seasons.

Anyway i think manly went in a little vulenrable mentally after being so resilliant and im comfortable with that. And the games energy reflected that.

These guys need the stars to come back and nurse them through a few games and the tempo will return. But for the season to be a strong one from here, manlys Big 3 need to be a major major part of the second half of the season. The forwards need a spell and need some assistance from a kicking game

The question is do our big 3 have it in them to lift there own performances , first after origin and then inspire the others . I hope so

I thought big sirro had close to his best game involvement wise or at least he seemed a little more aggressive. But we could do with more of that

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8