The penalty against Perret in the last 20 mins is all that is wrong with Rugby League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

andyeagle

I am a daily reader and infrequent poster. This penalty on the 4th or 5th penalty for god knows was was an absolute disgrace. Perret was penalised for his hand on the ball at such a crucial time, for the same infirgement that had gone unpenlaised peviously in the game. Such a crucial call. I have seen so many plays since last weekend for things we have been penalised for let go. I am sick of the double standards. Marty Tupau with an "unacceptacble pay the ball" last week. I've seen 5 similar let go since. We are getting dead set robbed. I know we need to rise above, but it's hard not to feel frustreated.

Mate don't waste your infrequent posts on blowing up about refereeing inconsistencies - it's a part of the game these days. Don't put your hand on the ball and you don't give the ref the opportunity to be inconsistent

The good sides take the good with the bad and get on with it. We might cop some dud calls, but you can't blame the refs for tonight, or the last 3 weeks. Newcastle were rubbish, only slightly less rubbish then us as it turned out.

Mate don't waste your infrequent posts on blowing up about refereeing inconsistencies - it's a part of the game these days. Don't put your hand on the ball and you don't give the ref the opportunity to be inconsistent

The good sides take the good with the bad and get on with it. We might cop some dud calls, but you can't blame the refs for tonight, or the last 3 weeks. Newcastle were rubbish, only slightly less rubbish then us as it turned out.

I respectfully disagree. They did the same thing 10 times and it went unpusnished. If you watch the last 3 games it's like we are getting wipes out of games. Sorry but I jus am sick of the double standards

I am a daily reader and infrequent poster. This penalty on the 4th or 5th penalty for god knows was was an absolute disgrace. Perret was penalised for his hand on the ball at such a crucial time, for the same infirgement that had gone unpenlaised peviously in the game. Such a crucial call. I have seen so many plays since last weekend for things we have been penalised for let go. I am sick of the double standards. Marty Tupau with an "unacceptacble pay the ball" last week. I've seen 5 similar let go since. We are getting dead set robbed. I know we need to rise above, but it's hard not to feel frustreated.

Andy, welcome!

Mark from Brisbane wrote last week introducing a new game to Silvertails - that of predicting when we will have a 4th or 5th tackle penalty against us! Problem is that if the bet includes taking shots, most of or dietitians would have suggested our lives would now be over.

Seriously, there are bigger games at play at the moment as the NRL want's us in NZ. We will continue to get same week in, week out till we concede to the morons that run the NRL!

Here we go again , its the Ref's, NO its not , good ol Marty dropped the balls , not the ref ,DCE took the wrong options , not the ref, Oldcastle were down to 12 men , did we take full advantage NO..

Hand on the ball penalty should be renamed the leg up penalty. It is one of the most inconsistent and abused penalty the refs use. If it causes the player to lose the ball then fair enough but if it has zero impact to the ball player it is a blatant leg up

I think we all know what the referees would have called on this Dean Whare 'tackle'. Send off and six week holidays. But great for Deano he ain't a Sea Eagle and will get a trophy for hit of the year. Great to watch > https://twitter.com/wwos/status/989836344099667968

Skivvy, Gift or Choc would be suspended for a season.

Dbyhu6ZU8AQ_iDH.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to blame the refs, but last night was definitely on the nose.

I mean.....they even had to send Shaun Lane's try upstairs and that was as clear cut a try as you can get.

Johnny Gibbs said on ABC Grandstand that whenever we scored it looked like they were looking for some excuse to take it off us.

But the worst for me was the knock-on call against DCE late in the game, after which Ross crossed for the winning try. Ponga had the ball, the Knights had possession. Yet somehow Ponga didn't knock it on, but DCE did?

The thing that I am noticing though is that it has been happening for a few weeks now. We keep copping it early on from the refs no matter what.

Even the media came out and said that the first penalty and a few subsequent ones against the Tigpies should not have been given. We were basically refereed out of that game in the first 15 minutes.

Yes if the team is good enough they can overcome those setbacks. But its been a pattern for a few weeks now. We are getting penalised, and often at crucial times such as the 4th or 5th tackle after pinning the opposition in their own 20, for what our opponents are being allowed to get away with. And the square up penalties always seem to come on the 1st or 2nd tackle when we are in attack which only helps the defensive line get itself set.

And don't get me started on whenever we score a try it goes straight upstairs. Blocker Roach is no fan of Manly but even he said last week when Aku scored against Doesn't-matta that it looked like they were trying to find any excuse they could not to award it. And last night was a classic. Not only did they try to find a way not to award Lane's clear cut try, but they disallowed Croker's try and soon after ruled a try for Connor Watson when there was no visual evidence that the ball even touched the ground.

I'm not saying its a deliberate campaign against us.....but at the same time I wouldn't put it past Greenturd to have privately orchestrated it.

Here we go again , its the Ref's, NO its not , good ol Marty dropped the balls , not the ref ,DCE took the wrong options , not the ref, Oldcastle were down to 12 men , did we take full advantage NO..

newcastle were offside when DCE was going for the field goal not the refs, newcastle had a hand on the ball slowing it down not the refs, newcastle lay in the ruck slowing down the playing the ball not the refs, that is why.

newcastle were offside when DCE was going for the field goal not the refs, newcastle had a hand on the ball slowing it down not the refs, newcastle lay in the ruck slowing down the playing the ball not the refs, that is why.

more excuses, not our fault, we can't do anything about it..

The inconsistency from the refs continues to baffle us, they love to give penalties in clumps and reward teams with late penalties when the defending team has done a good job in keeping out the attacking team.

The old home ground advantage used to be a thing as a home fan that would give you a chance. We barely win a penalty account and when we are away we are often on the end of a massive count. I understand that a lot of that is our indiscipline and that is something we can improve, it's just annoying that you don't see all the time both teams being policed. I would prefer to see one ref look after the game, too may decisions outsourced to incompetent and bungling officials, the obstruction rule continues to be a black eye for the game. Again we saw last night a try not given when there was not a chance in hell of the defence stopping a try. I hate the fact that they spend an eternity trying to disallow a try, it kills the moment for the players and the fans!

more excuses, not our fault, we can't do anything about it..

No we can't do anything to stop it happening nut we can change how we respond to it. Right now we get frustrated and start making errors and stupid play. We have to learn to rise above it, that is the challenge.

I do still think we are getting the rough end of the stick and get slammed for stuff our opponents get away with

No we can't do anything to stop it happening nut we can change how we respond to it. Right now we get frustrated and start making errors and stupid play. We have to learn to rise above it, that is the challenge.

I do still think we are getting the rough end of the stick and get slammed for stuff our opponents get away with

AGREE..:clap:

you're an idiot, what does keyboard warrior have to do with my opinion..

You made the point that we cannot change the refs so why bother.

My point is that we cannot change anything, unless you are one of the players or coaching staff then i am wrong.

Otherwise i am not the idiot here

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10