The Penalites

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Both last week and this week Our Fwds are just defending back to back sets and gassed. When our fwds are rolling fwd we control the game but when we cannot get back into the contest from the start we have no chance. The flow of penalties against us does not allow us to compete.

It's quite simple... Penalise us on the oppositions 1st set, 5th tackle, give the other side a leg up, and a set of 6. Then give us a penalty on the 1st tackle in our set... as an even up. (Which is a joke in itself, because the first half penalties were 7-1 {8-1 actually, but they forgot one}) The game is biased against us.

I have just watched the first 22 minutes. We are fuken terrible with the ball - jake has dropped the ball twice.

But the penalties are BS
DCE gets two pens against him for offside on the line- can't really tell but he was not rushing up, but DCE ain't stupid to do it twice

22nd min, manly on parra line- Moses rushes out and smacks Jake for him to drop the ball. No way Moses was onside- no penalty wtf

This is a short point and its probably going to be a controversial point if im honest with myself. In my opinion, more that ever, I feel there is an agenda against our club and we arent being allowed into games. It sounds outrageous and a little bit "tin foil hatter"; but my gut just keeps screaming at me, this isn't right, this is so bad its almost laughable.

Make it the last 3 games, (I want to extend it further), the perfect amount of games to add up with our supposed salary cap breach. I feel there is an agenda against us. Deep in my heart I feel like the NRL wants to expand and they've made the excuse that its better to relocate a team with a fan base than start afresh. I honestly feel like its us.

I sat patiently last wee through penalty after penalty and my heart said to myself ; "If you arent a premiership team you cant win this. One week later they lose to a team who's missing their number one recruit.

And here we are today. Im conditioned to accept a penalty. Im, watching with every ounce of knowledge i have of the game, waiting for it to be handed to the opposing team. And there is was.

Im no cynic. Im happy to call a spade a spade. IM ok with losing a game because we're the lesser team.

However, three weeks in a row now.(3 weeks since being hung on the cross), we've not been allowed to even get into the first half of football. I don't want to say there is a conspiracy, however, we arent mugs. We all know the rules of the game and when your first try of the game is held up for obstruction and there is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, even remotely obstructive. You have to ask the question.

I agree, we've been absolutly rubbish the last few weeks, however, Im not sure we;re being allowed to even compete with the current (conspiracy) / standard of officiating and Im happy to be called a tin foil hatter.

Somethings not right with the refs and it stinks.

Tapou plays the ball with his foot and its a penalty, What a joke.
I believe it too, and I am sure you have seen my threads. Not to forget the fast-tracked salary cap penalties the week following the Parra victory.
The NRL has been relentless in the pursuit of Manly's license since 2015, and if something major doesn't change we are gone within 3 years.
I wouldn't even be surprised if there was an NRL plant within the club.

NYEagle

The ruck has replaced the scrum as the official way for referees to 'massage' the result of a game though they do have other strategies at their disposal. I used to think it was just Manly that copped it but in most games that I watch, there seems to be a favoured team.
Witness how Uate was deemed to have deliberately tipped the ball forward, while it was decided Slater deliberately went for a drop kick. How the hell can a video ref determine intent in both circumstances and where the hell is common sense? Both decisions wrong, even after multiple replays and angles and no fallback to blaming the heat of the game or spur of the moment.

Whenever a possible Manly try is sent upstairs, their attitude seems to be 'Can we get away with dudding Manly here?,sure we can. Everyone hates Manly anyway. Who's gonna hold us to account, certainly not the NRL or the media. Go on, you hate Manly too, hit the NO TRY button.'
Whether it is corruption or just bias, it's smelly. Just want to see a fair contest where the best team wins. The result should be decided by the players, not these pencil-neck referees guiding the NRL ship at the moment.

There was no way Manly was going to be allowed anywhere near victory yesterday, even if they were good enough.

This Manly side however, isn't good enough, sulks and drops its bundle after every setback and needs all the help it can get. The great sides of the mid 90s and to a certain extent 2008 -11 responded to a setback by lifting a gear in the next set of 6 and belting the opposition back out of the game. They took the refereeing out of the equation. We have players with potential but we desperately need at least one mongrel bastard in our pack. I live in hope

Rant over

Last edited:
I pretty much agree with the whole summary and feel that the ruling of NO TRY to Kelly was plain dumb.
Yes by the rules Thompson should go THROUGH the line, but this is only if he IMPEDES the defender, in which this case Williams glanced Thompson but was not effected at all...this is called common sense and I have seen worse given, lets put it that way....
The penalties in general seem to be 5-1 to kickstart the oppositions momentum which also does not help.
Though I agree and think this is true, my worse confession is the bad attitudes the players are showing.
The way I see it, the players can't change the refs poor calls and bad interpretations....but do have a say in how they they perform both individually and collectively....atm way down in Attitude and these bad calls become far smaller, when the players respond with more determined and positive resolve.

all these excuses, why didn't the "coach" bring them up at the presser, didn't want the fine or realises can't use those as an excuse for not TACKLING 35 missed, 23 ineffective, completion rate 16 out of 27, error 11, shall I go on..??

all these excuses, why didn't the "coach" bring them up at the presser, didn't want the fine or realises can't use those as an excuse for not TACKLING 35 missed, 23 ineffective, completion rate 16 out of 27, error 11, shall I go on..??
Those are valid points, but so are the ones being raised against the refs.

I pretty much agree with the whole summary and feel that the ruling of NO TRY to Kelly was plain dumb.
Yes by the rules Thompson should go THROUGH the line, but this is only if he IMPEDES the defender, in which this case Williams glanced Thompson but was not effected at all...this is called common sense and I have seen worse given, lets put it that way....
The penalties in general seem to be 5-1 to kickstart the oppositions momentum which also does not help.
Though I agree and think this is true, my worse confession is the bad attitudes the players are showing.
The way I see it, the players can't change the refs poor calls and bad interpretations....but do have a say in how they they perform both individually and collectively....atm way down in Attitude and these bad calls become far smaller, when the players respond with more determined and positive resolve.
I think that if the Kelly try was awarded, we get a different result. Maybe it would've been the squeels who dropped their bundle instead. After all, they've done just that in most of their 2018 games. We didn't seem to have much trouble scoring when we actually managed to hold on to the pill.

4D59D217-66A8-4E8D-8F28-D39D9658479D.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8