the other winger with wolfy ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
What does everyone think Farrar a utility good backup for snake's knees, Oldfield fast,young but line defence problems or Whare undoubted potential if he bulks up could be anything will toovs play des conservative and go with farrar if give one of the young kids a go.

Surely it'll be between Oldfield & Whare, with Oldfield getting a bit of headstart with his previous efforts in first grade.

Personally I think that Oldfield is going to end up starting come rnd 1, with our WCC wingers being Oldfield & Whare. I like Farrar (& always defended him back in 09) but he'll probably be slumming it in NSW cup unless Brett gets hurt.

Oldfield to get 1st crack speed to burn. Does have problems with his reads in defence, but hopefully with more experience that part of his game will come good.

Whare next in line, also has good pace. His defence is solid and looks save under the high ball.

Farrar final option IMO, hasn't got the pace of the other two, his defence is ok, and struggles under the high ball.

Give the young kids a go! That mix of young raw talent and experiance is something to look out for, might cost us a few tries at the start but they can win us games!and they will only get better every minute that they play.. And having that speed out wide makes a big difference in attack and defence! Cant wait

Tipped Oldfield to be Manly's most improved player in 2012 & think he will be 1 of the best wingers in the premiership within next 2 years so a no brainer for me - Whare only comes into calculation if injury occurs.

Oldfield would be my choice but its up to Whare and Farrar to prove me wrong.

Don't get me wrong about Wolfie - I love the guy.
But when he played for Australia, he was terrible. When he came back to play for us, he was pretty ordinary as well.

Last season, 2011, he had his touches of brilliance but he was off on the sidelines for long stints as well. We were lucky to have Hoppa as a back-up.

Now, no Hoppa, no Robbo.... I don't think its a walk-up start for Wolfie.
Juz lucky we have four going for two spots but none of them would get a start before Hoppa or Robbo.

lismore_fan said:
But when he played for Australia, he was terrible. When he came back to play for us, he was pretty ordinary as well.

Last season, 2011, he had his touches of brilliance but he was off on the sidelines for long stints as well. We were lucky to have Hoppa as a back-up.

Juz lucky we have four going for two spots but none of them would get a start before Hoppa or Robbo.
The Wolfman is an absolute animal and barring injury he is one of the best. Oldfield , whare , and Farrar have potential plus.
All is good feathered friend :D

lismore_fan said:

Are you kidding? Wolfie was great last year when he played. When fully fit hes one of the best wingers in the comp.

Just love the way he plays, the way he fearlessly brings the ball back and always puts his body on the line. Just an automatic selection everyday of the week at Manly.

please lismore fan, wolfy stats he is the only back near hopa in yards around 110 a game no back is near him, he is a workhorse has to play.

Farrar is surely a nsw cup player, he isn't quick and wingers can finish....i dont think he is a .....also can't catch, he is a slow version of Barba without the try scoring ability...if he was smart he'd have started in england

I would have Whare as starting winger with Wolfy. I thought Whare played better than Oldfield when they both played wing during that game against the Broncos last year. I would prefer to see Oldfield groomed as a future fullback. And prefer Farrar as a centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6