The other Foran struts his stuff on centre stage at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
FOLLOWING his eye-catching debut against the Canberra Raiders in 2009, Kieran Foran has gone onto establish himself as one of Manly’s go-to men.

Liam Foran (white top) has a chance to showcase his talents against Cronulla on Friday night. Photo - Braden Fastier.

He is also a Kiwi international.
Not bad for a 20-year-old.
But tonight it’s his older brother Liam’s turn, when he guides Manly around the park against Cronulla in an official trial tomorrow night at Brookvale Oval.
An Australian Schoolboy representative in 2006, Foran was earmarked as an emerging talent.
Stints at Melbourne, the Warriors and Newtown have hardened the classy halfback.
He knows Daly Cherry-Evans will be given first crack at the number seven jersey, but is willing to bide his time.
“Daly is a fantastic player, he deserves the opportunity,” the 22-year-old said.
“In saying that, I don’t worry what other players are doing, I just focus on my game.
“I am really happy to be at the club, everyone has been great.
“Des (Hasler) has told me to just go out there and enjoy it, which is exactly what I intend to do.”
He did admit the prospect of playing alongside his younger sibling at NRL level week in week out would be “out of this world.”
“We started out together playing junior footy at Asquith,” he said.
“Whenever we were short a few players Kieran used to help us out.
“It was fun mucking around with him and obviously we have had the odd battle in the backyard since then.
“To play first grade together would be unreal, but I am not looking too far ahead.
“I just need to take opportunities when they come my way.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4