The offseason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't remember an off season for yonx when we have gone through unscathed ( media wise) before kick off of the the next season.

Usually it's board drama, player drama, signing drama, season launch debacle etc etc.

It would be so nice to just have a normal off season and pre season.

No mad Monday **** ups and cruise through to kick off with not even a blimp on the radar.

But it's Manly we are talking about so is that possible?

Hopefully the players spend the off-season mentally hurting, after the efforts dished up this year.

Then, I hope they spend the pre-season physically hurting, so we don't have a repeat of the efforts dished up this year.

And I hope the board do nothing in public, say nothing in public.....in fact, I hope those fools just do fkn nothing at all.

Nothing would be great, send Mr Fluffy skiing in Canada for 6 months, and ZtH to retire on Santorini, and make zero ****ing comments to anyone in the media !!

An extra long off season to contend with too.
I'm already looking forward to the November pre-season training photos.

It will be an interesting off season, I hope that the team can become as together as our successful teams were. A new coach and structure will take time to bind so I think it will be a learning curve for everyone.

What we want to see is no controversy and some hard work to prevail so that the guys are primed for round 1 next year.

I think its fair to say that we will never quite see a season like this one again or at least I hope not and its really important that the club learns the lessons of the reasons why we have failed this year.

I'm expecting an extremely professional organisation moving forward.
These past two seasons have seemed like the climax to a long coming storm. I think it's over now, and I'm actually very excited about our clubs future.

An extra long off season to contend with too.
I'm already looking forward to the November pre-season training photos.
Me too I'm excited about next year, I don't believe we will have a repeat of this season I expect we will be a lot more settled and the competition for spots will be fierce, in fact if we don't make the eight next year I'll be shocked.

Me too I'm excited about next year, I don't believe we will have a repeat of this season I expect we will be a lot more settled and the competition for spots will be fierce, in fact if we don't make the eight next year I'll be shocked.

We have heaps more depth across the park. I also think we'll have more to acquire as well:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Nate Myles
09. Api Koroisou
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Josh Starling

18. Tom Trbojevic
19. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
20. Blake Leary
21. Matt Ballin
22. Tim Moltzen
23. Matt Parcell
24. Luke Burgess
25. Nathan Green

26. Tom Wright
27. Addison Demetriou
28. Liam Knight
29. Riley Travers

Etc, etc, etc and probably another player or two. Imagine Starling drops off the bench and Idris comes in. Would be some very big boppers. Add then say Tamou, so Myles goes to the bench:

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Nate Myles
17. Jamal Idris

Is a premiership winning teams bench.

We have heaps more depth across the park. I also think we'll have more to acquire as well:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Nate Myles
09. Api Koroisou
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Josh Starling

18. Tom Trbojevic
19. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
20. Blake Leary
21. Matt Ballin
22. Tim Moltzen
23. Matt Parcell
24. Luke Burgess
25. Nathan Green

26. Tom Wright
27. Addison Demetriou
28. Liam Knight
29. Riley Travers

Etc, etc, etc and probably another player or two.
It all looks good, all Hiku needs to do is some speed training.

I don't think our signings are yet complete but not sure who is left out there with any quality.

Although it's possible that pressure " might" get put on the Rorters by the NRL ( quietly in the back room) to release a few otherwise face getting busted and having their 2015 Premiershio wiped off, so who knows someone like Moa could be on the market, and cheaply for a year or two whilst the Rorters pay half .

With the logjam at centre/wing/fullback ,I wouldn't be surprised if they told Hiku or Matai to see what else is out there !

With the logjam at centre/wing/fullback ,I wouldn't be surprised if they told Hiku or Matai to see what else is out there !
There is absolutely no way in hell Hiku will be there in front of Tom T. No chance. If Hiku is there it's at the expense of someone else. But god knows who.

On the bench in reggies for mine. Or pie tester for mrs macs...

I think he would get a start at fullback at atleast 5 other clubs.We may as well save some cash and let him walk.

Now the board has got what it wants and can it run accordingly to there vision
with the new coach and his vision It should be all clear for a successful season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6