The NRL Finals Series - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Should have been a penalty against Wighton for a high shot on Ponga anyway.
Should have been a penalty against Frizell in normal time for an obvious offside at marker and charging down the what could have been the winning field goal. Point is, there is a whistle-in-the-pocket mentality in these close scenarios, except sometimes. Good luck working out those "sometimes".

As Sammy said... tough penalty in the end that handed druggies the win. Agree. They tout how we wanna make extra time and golden point dramatic for the fans, and yet, we get these occasional calls (technically correct), that are ignored 99% every other time. Let the teams earn it and win it definitively, or, clean it up and penalise consistently.

Should have been a penalty against Frizell in normal time for an obvious offside at marker and charging down the what could have been the winning field goal. Point is, there is a whistle-in-the-pocket mentality in these close scenarios, except sometimes. Good luck working out those "sometimes".
Gamble Responsibly

That last penalty to the knights for offside Klein called 6 again for then changed it to a penalty , I thought he ruled the penalty for the high shot on pongs but it was in the position where they were offside
Anyone else notice that ??

That last penalty to the knights for offside Klein called 6 again for then changed it to a penalty , I thought he ruled the penalty for the high shot on pongs but it was in the position where they were offside
Anyone else notice that ??
Exactly. He called it offside, which is what I was blowing up about. Conveniently ignored Frizell being a meter to the side in marker before the ball cleared the ruck to charge down the FG attempt by clappers, but suddenly decides the Ponga Media Dream Team deserves a penalty there to nudge them through.

All of these commentators saying that today was a great game ... give me a break.

Neither side had a defensive game to speak of. It was all attack.

For mine, and I know we lost but still.....a great game is one like our Semi vs the Roosters in 2013 that we lost 0–4. The defence in that game was enormous, from both sides. Unfortunately we were the ones who cracked that night (only once, but it was enough), but it was still a much better game than today's IMO.

All of these commentators saying that today was a great game ... give me a break.

For mine, and I know we lost but still.....a great game is one like our Semi vs the Roosters in 2013 that we lost 0–4. The defence in that game was enormous, from both sides. Unfortunately we were the ones who cracked that night (only once, but it was enough), but it was still a much better game than today's IMO.
Agree 100%. Still probably the greatest losing game I have watched... perhaps the greatest quality final ever. They don't make them like that anymore... which is probably unfortunate, because Turbo seems to thrive when it swings the other way.

I know what you're saying but at least it was entertaining.

I know what you're saying but at least it was entertaining.

Not really, but I guess that's where we are at with the game these days. Both teams defence basically sucked making the attack look much better than it really was.

That isn't entertaining, not to me at least.

And with what Fox are showing now, I 100% agree that Wighton should have been sent off.

Gamble was also applying pressure around Wighton's head, with his forearm in his mouth. How do you tell the difference between Wighton accidentally opening his mouth and Gamble forcing his arm in there, versus JW deliberately going out of his way to bite an opponent?

I'm glad they put that on report and let the MRC handle that one.

Gamble was also applying pressure around Wighton's head, with his forearm in his mouth. How do you tell the difference between Wighton accidentally opening his mouth and Gamble forcing his arm in there, versus JW deliberately going out of his way to bite an opponent?

I'm glad they put that on report and let the MRC handle that one.

Accidentally opening his mouth?? No, sorry I don't buy it.

That was a straight up bite and should have been a send off.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8