The new silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Good write up in fridays tele in the sports pages about us being the new silvertails. spending $4,000,000 to sign watmough, king, b stewart, josh perry till 2010 and kite till 2011. the 4 current players said they want to stay together and win premiships.

There is also a 2 page story with the stewarts brothers in the main game section. They say the story about them comming to manly because they where the only club that would sign them both is false.
The roosters, bulldogs sharks and raiders where also intrested in both of them and made inquries but only manly followed through with there inquires so they signed with us.

I find articles calling us THE silvertails again as insulting. I like the history behind the name and also that it is an identifier for this site. But the journos must have nothing left in their cliche mixed metaphor tanks :))) than to label our club as high wealth poachers of old as nothing is further from the truth. We would have the smallest number of signings of any club over the last two years and rather than playing musical chairs like the rest of them we nurture and invest in those that we do have. The real silvertails of today are still the Rorters, the bunnies under Holmes-Acourting and big Russ, and the Titans with 'we will get anyone from Qld we want'. Nice to know that envy is out there and we are the greener pastures.

Perry has apparently agreed to terms but has not yet signed the contract.

So this could be the big sinign that <anly are going to announce.

Well that don't get much fatter, I mean much bigger than Perry. He certainly is big news. And soft.

[quote author=mellonhead]
Perry has apparently agreed to terms but has not yet signed the contract.

So this could be the big sinign that <anly are going to announce.

Well that don't get much fatter, I mean much bigger than Perry. He certainly is big news. And soft.
[/quote]

Dont worry Kingyfan. They have the intention of liposuctioning the excess fat out of Perrys arse and introducing it into Kings skinny legs. 2 birds with one stone and all that ;)

Perry is the worst prop ever to lace a boot.
Three years ago the loyalists were bemoaning the signing of Kennedy and Kite, calling them both liabilities and past their prime.

Perry has played for NSW and the change could be just what he and Manly need.

I must say I had to laugh at the posts on MSE that referred to the possible name of a Manly supporters' club.

A few Rockers were against the name Silvertails due to a 'renegade' website being around for 2 years. The name came from the 70s and has been associated with the club for over 30 years.

Dan would have happily relinquished the site name to the club - but some saw this as some subversive attempt to push this site's influence.

It just floors me how small-minded some people can be - within the same club supporter base. The big issue is the club - not the interests of a few supporters. Time to get over this rubbish is my tip. Sadly the club web-boy seems to be affected by the same view!!!

End of rant. :yeah:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4