The new server 3 weeks on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How has the new server been?

• Fast

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Slow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fast and Stable

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Slow but stable

• Unstable

• Terrible

• Total voters

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I just wanted to gauge your thoughts on the new server now that it has been in place for nearly 2 weeks.

I have 30 day money back option on this server so if it has not been living up to standards from your perspective we can drop it.

I need to drop the old server as well which I had kept up and running for the interim.

So let me know any feedback or anything that you have.

So it has been definitely faster than the old server. It is also stable, havnt had any issues viewing it on my PC. I am accessing it from canberra.

Occasionally if i am viewing on mobile it can be a little slow, but that may be because we are still on 3G here in canberra, and the network can be slow at times.

Eagles2nv said:
So it has been definitely faster than the old server. It is also stable, havnt had any issues viewing it on my PC. I am accessing it from canberra.

Occasionally if i am viewing on mobile it can be a little slow, but that may be because we are still on 3G here in canberra, and the network can be slow at times.

Yes your own network throughput will also have effect. Its a bit slower for me but certainly not much different but that is because of how far away the server is from me geographically

I don't think I'm your target market for this question but: It's seems fine to me. Kinda like the old one (for geographical reasons?) but regardless, everything works well.

No issues on the new server with me. Fast and reliable on pc and mobile.

The PC version is faster, has always been stable for me.

The mobile version, at busy periods tends to 'stick' when few threads are being opened in a sequence. I need to close, quit browser then start over -then its fast again to load threads.

Some temp files must build up in memory on Android maybe, and the quitting the browser app clears it all.

Its more responsive on the mobile though, than it was last month. :)

No temp files the mobile version and the normal version are identical they are just different themes, like changing the background on your phone is a fair analogy, the issue is more likely down to your connection and phone,

With that said I have plans to move to a different skin for mobile soon

It's fine. There's no such thing as the perfect server, and if you are a perfectionist, you'll be constantly thinking the grass is greener.

I almost always only use my mobile for Silvertails, very rarely my notebook. Just a habit. And the only real difference I notice is Chrome is far better than IE for Silvertails (on both I mean...PC and phone).

When the server change occurred I had a few glitches and errors thrown up like a few ppl.

It's been fine again since and I've no complaints at all.

*A new skin for our mobiles is always good fun though......No pressure @Dan

It seems pretty good to me. It's definitely a lot quicker than the old one.

Faster on iPhone and PC on the Gold Coast. If another server can Be even faster then I'd be really impressed.

It's fast, but I think the threads are going off track more though, they probably can't keep up.

sadly in my constant striving for perfection, well that and the fact that the development team of this forum software has now reduced to one person, means I may be looking at new forum software, which isn't ideal logistically and means more coding, but by seasons end I will need to make that call.

This time we are likely headed to a paid forum software, most likely a decision between xenforo and ip.board

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2