The negatives (for Realists only)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Our defence was parlous. Canberra had few opportunities but cracked us three times.
King falling off tackles again.
Minogue was doing the same.
Blue Arsed came up with a typical brain explosion late in the first half that could have cost us.
Menzies was uninvolved for much of the game.
Monaghan was steady without being spectacular.
We should have kept the foot on the throat of those blokes and notched 50. We shut up shop too early.
Hicks' injury might cost us one of our best backs.

On the positive:

BK was awesome again.
Watmough put on some very good hits.
Dunley was impressive and we look far better with NO Randall.
PL and Flegg both won. PL clinch a Top 4 finish and there are some decent 1st grade prospects lurking down there.
Monaghan had his best game in quite a while.
Harris looked to do some playmaking when he came on.
HAving three props on the bench, plus Harris, gives us a lot more strike.

we won and we are in the finals, yee haaa!!!!!

I could not give a give a **** about next week!!!!

The two positives are we won a game, AWAY!

We are in the top 8 and as BK said a few of the young blokes will benefit from that!!

Groom and Meaney are going to be pushing for first grade in the next two years from what i've heard of their last few performances. Groom has held the massive step up with ease.

I wouldnt worry about the 2nd half Mata. It looked like they took it easy to not get injured as they wantedt to play next week. Effort wasnt there. The time wasting and injury faking was ridiculous. I reckon we could of reached 60 if we continued on.

The two positives are we won a game, AWAY!

We are in the top 8 and as BK said a few of the young blokes will benefit from that!!
You forgot to mention that they also won the game at night. :yeah:

Hopefully Hicks' injury isn't too serious. I believe he saved our game when he intercepted a Raiders pass on our tryline in the opening minute. Having said that there was alot of positive media which gave me a positive feeling towards this game, it was good to see the boys back it up. Ben Kennedy is legendary whilst I believe Brett Stewart is the form rookie fullback of the competition, these two can really lift us in the finals. Monaghan also had a good game, maybe we should get him to pretend that he's playing the Raiders every week. The hatred might be inspiring.

Hopefully the hunger of the boys to strive in the finals and our hatred of Parramatta will see us put on a powerhouse next week. As I'm going to school in the west it would be good to stick it up all those Parra fans.

we won and we are in the finals, yee haaa!!!!!

I could not give a give a **** about next week!!!!

Some of your quotes that I head from Greig were priceless last night Garts.

The #1...

Just after I forget who scored, we were up like 24-6 or something and your txt message to Greig..

"I've got a bone that even Lassie couldn't chew through!"

We had tears for a while. :clap:

Matebele, I knew it, you are incorrigible. I don't care what happens from here on in. Our objcetive at the start of the season was to make the top 8, we did that. I am sure if you asked every Manly supporter that was at the ground last night 90% of them would say just that.

Our reward was last night, I care not about the negatives, we did what we set out to do. For the next 24 hours or so you can blow your negative comments out you bum, then I will give you a constructive reply.

A comment from Mata that also contains positives, I must be dreaming :)

I didn't see the game so I cant comment, but from Radio reports we certainly weren't perfect.

Matebele, I knew it, you are incorrigible. I don't care what happens from here on in. Our objcetive at the start of the season was to make the top 8, we did that. I am sure if you asked every Manly supporter that was at the ground last night 90% of them would say just that.

Our reward was last night, I care not about the negatives, we did what we set out to do. For the next 24 hours or so you can blow your negative comments out you bum, then I will give you a constructive reply.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Imagine Manly fans being content to JUST make the finals. This is a club of excellence, not sickly sad hubris. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Matabele, you have missed my point, there is a time for the fans to rejoice (last night & today) and then there will be time to be critical (tomorrow & beyond).

Learn to enjoy the moment, thats why we follow this club. This is our moment, you never know next week may bring another moment.

Corso - I will be enjoying the moment until next Sunday, whereas I predict you & I will be enjoying it for a further 7 days from that point!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4