The Myth that is Todd Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
The media will have you believe that Todd Greenberg will be the messiah for the NRL because he has done such a great job at Canterbury. But did he? Lets look abit closer.

Greenberg was at Canterbury from 2008 - 2013
In that time the dogs won a wooden spoon, missed the finals 2 other times, lost a prelim final and lost a grand final if you were going to grade that it would be a C-

They talk about the clubs image and he had contributed to turning their image around somewhat. But any PR or Mkt person of any ability should of been able to do that but will we grade him an A- there

What about culture something that is critical to any organisation or team,
The cold hard facts are the family club don't produce many stars now days and the ones they do they struggle to keep.
Sezer, Idris, Eastwood, hannett and now Barba are all players who have wanted out of belmore. Even the arrival of suoercoach Des Hasler hasnt seen marquee players lining up to join the dogs. So again D+

I'm not going to talk about profitability because when you have a leagues club chock full of pokie money like the dogs do, your resources are nearly unlimited and you should be able to at least break even. I dare say a Grant Mayer, Dave Perry, Bruno Cullen or Steve Noyce would have achieved better results at the dogs if they had been there in greenberg's place.

Seizer had a poor attitude and wasn't retained, Eastwood left to the UK on a deal already agreed to. was more than happy to return, Idris wad offered way more than the dogs were prepared to pay and Barba is after a rumoured 700k plus per year.

Oh I forgot Hannant he left cause he was sad and missed Brisbane for some strange reason.

CAMBO said:
The media will have you believe that Todd Greenberg will be the messiah for the NRL because he has done such a great job at Canterbury. But did he? Lets look abit closer.

Greenberg was at Canterbury from 2008 - 2013
In that time the dogs won a wooden spoon, missed the finals 2 other times, lost a prelim final and lost a grand final if you were going to grade that it would be a C-

They talk about the clubs image and he had contributed to turning their image around somewhat. But any PR or Mkt person of any ability should of been able to do that but will we grade him an A- there

What about culture something that is critical to any organisation or team,
The cold hard facts are the family club don't produce many stars now days and the ones they do they struggle to keep.
Sezer, Idris, Eastwood, hannett and now Barba are all players who have wanted out of belmore. Even the arrival of suoercoach Des Hasler hasnt seen marquee players lining up to join the dogs. So again D+

I'm not going to talk about profitability because when you have a leagues club chock full of pokie money like the dogs do, your resources are nearly unlimited and you should be able to at least break even. I dare say a Grant Mayer, Dave Perry, Bruno Cullen or Steve Noyce would have achieved better results at the dogs if they had been there in greenberg's place.

A bit harsh Cambo - they did signed Trex as a Marquee recruit :)

A bit like the " Wayne Bennett" myth!!

Nearly any coach in the NRL with the playing roster he had at the Donkeys would have had that success.

Granted he did however get. St Merge a trophy!!

I don't know that Greenturd is a myth, but nor do I think he is anyway a Messiah.

An average CEO maybe but that's it!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
A bit like the " Wayne Bennett" myth!!

Nearly any coach in the NRL with the playing roster he had at the Donkeys would have had that success.

Granted he did however get. St Merge a trophy!!

I don't know that Greenturd is a myth, but nor do I think he is anyway a Messiah.

An average CEO maybe but that's it!!

I'm currently studying organisational behaviour and there's a bloke called
Fred Luthan who did a study on effective managers vs successful managers.
Basically effective managers get the job done and successful managers are measured by how fast they climb the corporate ladder.

The picture I have included demonstrates it well. While Todd is seen as a successful manager because he's a self promoter and very media savvy it doesn't mean he is an effective manager and let's be honest that what the NRL needs ATM.

I think at manly we are pretty lucky that Dave Perry is quiet achiever and just gets the job done without too much fanfare or media grandstanding. IMO that's why he is significantly better than Todd the myth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 17
Manly should release the emails between him and Des, sent way before the end of the season. To my mind the already rock-bottom canterbury reputation did not improve under Greenburg. He is sneaky, and the club players showed how disgraceful they are last mad monday.

Shoe1 said:
Manly should release the emails between him and Des, sent way before the end of the season. To my mind the already rock-bottom canterbury reputation did not improve under Greenburg. He is sneaky, and the club players showed how disgraceful they are last mad monday.
Releasing them may not be the right thing to do.
Would sure be a shame if they were leaked, though.

take away the kebab tuckshop away from their leagues club, they would struggle to make a profit.

If anything, he would make a great Director of a number of Fast food Franchises. He can name his topselling falafel roll the Greenberger

I think Greenberg is extremely over rated. Yes he did help turn around the club when they were at rock bottom after the coffs harbour incident and salary cap scandal left them with a terrible reputation. HOWEVER, I really don't think he did anything that 99% of other half decent CEOs would have done in the same situation. No one would sponsor the club so he stuck a charity on the jersey and he's somehow a genius? Please.

Greenberg and Ricky Stuart would make an excellent double act: big on talk, low on achievement yet somehow their credibility is never called into question. These visionaries will "grow the game", unless of course they kill it in the process.

off the top of your head could you name the ceos of the other clubs, probably yes for most of them if you put some thought to it. they just go about their jobs. however everyone knows who greedburg is because he makes sure everyone know who he is, that doesn't mean he is doing a great job. what it does show is that the nrl are pretty stupid and bought into his crap and self promotion. I think it also shows that david smith has no intention of hanging around in the job for very long

You blokes, and ladies, are unreal.

Not a single mention of Aaron Groome, who was plucked from under Manly's nose.

Masked Eagle said:
I think Greenberg is extremely over rated. Yes he did help turn around the club when they were at rock bottom after the coffs harbour incident and salary cap scandal left them with a terrible reputation. HOWEVER, I really don't think he did anything that 99% of other half decent CEOs would have done in the same situation. No one would sponsor the club so he stuck a charity on the jersey and he's somehow a genius? Please.

Exactly. They could not have got any worse.

Why does everything else seem leak out, but not these emails? I think there is probably not much to them...

Greenburg on TripleM Sydney said he won't be fining Neil Henry for suggesting there was an NRL conspiracy after the 7 tackle farce "because he spoke from the heart and showed the raw emotion of losing an NRL game"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4