The music clip thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Steve Cropper:

“If I had the compete in today’s music business, I’d starve to death, cause I can’t do it ‘that way.’ It doesn’t work for me, but they do it and get away with it.
I can’t do a song that has a thousand of somebody else’s riffs in it. My stuff has to be authentic, it has to be original. Computer wise you can’t create eight bars of music anymore that hasn’t been done somewhere.
Lou Marini said something totally profound. He said, ‘Guys, Bach and Beethoven used the same set of notes that we do.’ I never thought of it that way. They’re not different notes, it might be different sounding music but it’s still based on the same notes that we all play.
Blues is based on that, RnB is based on that and Pop is based on that. It’s the same set of notes just in different positions.
I know most of the hits today that are making a lot of money are snippets of music that’s been done before. They borrow enough from all different genres of music and put it together. It’s music that’s here today and gone today. It used to be here today gone tomorrow but things move so fast now. You have someone getting a hit, selling two million records and you never hear from them again. You can call them (radio station) a hundred times, they’re not going to play it again, they’re going to play something different. Green Onions is still going and we did that in 1962.”

See if you can guess who this David Bowie clone is from 1983.....without reading the comments section.

Holy Moley! I did not think that was who it is. Must admit, I looked at the comments.

Funny that it's not such a bad song. And he does sound like David Bowie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4