The Most Important Game of the Year????? :lol:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
This Friday against the Knights is the biggest one of the year in terms of where we might end up at the end of the season.

A win would give us a great chance of making the top four and as Knights are on the same points it is worth double points. It will be huge.

Coming off the bye, with injured players back on deck and following the fillip of the exalted company of the 60th Celebrations we have everything to play for.

Our season is on the line and it remains to be seen if we are good enough. To win at Newcastle at the best of times is hard and they have a lot to lose (or win) as well.

Bring it on!!!

This is a biggie, and so was the eels game :(

Teams coming off the bye have won 12 of 22, and of those 6 have been against an away team. This includes a good win by Manly against the Panthers in round 13. Looking closer at the results (and no surprises) the good teams win and those who are in a rut lose. I'll guess that the betting will be Knights about $1.65 and Manly $2.15.

This game will be a huge test of character. Hopefully we will see the form that rolled the Dogs away and take us with a strong wind into the finals.

Got to admit Newcastle were very good on the weekend, if can not defend in the 1st half, we could be chasing a big score.... if we do not play to our potential this week and lose we will be struggling in 7 position. Guess this game becomes a catylist for us...if we loose do we deserve to be there? This game becomes an interesting yardstick!

By my pessimistic calculations we will finish 7th.
Storm, Dogs, Knights, Eels, Dragons, Raiders. Then Manly and Broncos to fight for 7th or 8th. At least Des will have had a very recent look at the Storm or Dogs. :)

This is our most important game in recent memory. Sure, we were 1st last year for a while, but this is a chance to be outright 3rd within reach of the finals.

If we finish in the top four, I don't care who we play. Only that we are at home. Really the Radiers or Dragons at home would be my preference.

We couldnt beat them at Brooky a few weeks ago,and it will be much tougher up there,so lets hope the guys have got their heads screwed on this time.What we can certainly do without is our regulation poor first half.

I'm actually pretty confident about this one. Reasons:-

1. The Roosters softness may be a small advantage to us.
2. We should be full strength.
3. Players returning are match fit. Hand / Face injuries only.
4. King / Rose / Bryant all playing well in past two weeks.
5. Matt Orford.
6. Manly are a physical, yet structured unit.
7. We owe them.
8. BK @ old stomping ground.
9. Our backrow is all over theirs.
10. Monaghan is playing well.
11. Real improver - Chris Hicks.

Manly by 16+

we really need to come out and play like its a final - it can really start our momentum for the finals and get us that home semi we have all been dreaming about

He'll plead Nutz, and get off......but Flipper suggests he might just take the week, so he doesn't have carry over points, and I like the idea !!! Hehhehehe...

I'm actually pretty confident about this one. Reasons:-

1. The Roosters softness may be a small advantage to us.
2. We should be full strength.
3. Players returning are match fit. Hand / Face injuries only.
4. King / Rose / Bryant all playing well in past two weeks.
5. Matt Orford.
6. Manly are a physical, yet structured unit.
7. We owe them.
8. BK @ old stomping ground.
9. Our backrow is all over theirs.
10. Monaghan is playing well.
11. Real improver - Chris Hicks.

Manly by 16+

8. Also the last game he will possibly ever play at and against newcastle.

He'll play even better(if that's possible) than usual

its up to the players if they want to make they mark on this comp fingers crossed they will . because i will not stand for the eels to finsh ahead of us

We need to meet the Eels in the finals and we need to have AJ in the Newcastle side on Friday.

We especially need the hardening experience. Thats what will help us to the next title.

Agree with all youse guys. To progress, a win is a necessity. And I'm confident we can do it. Just coach out the slow starts Dessie.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4