The Monday Night Fiasco

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So with Manly looking less and less likely to play the game at brookvale oval, where else would you suggest the game be moved?

North Sydney?

If Manly have to travel then the income will be affected.

Monday night will only get a max crowd of like 10,000 that is pretty much pushing capacity at NSO and I think ppl will go there for the spectacle so could be a decent marketing stunt

I agree. I think NSO is a good move. Having the game closer to town will attract the after work crowd looking for something different on a monday eve.

NSO would be a good option for a number of reasons.

1. Next closest to manly
2. Close to the city and even better on the way home for a lot of northern beaches residents
3. Gives a gig to one of the nicer grounds around Sydney
4. Will let Rhino relive the good old days of manly winning at north sydney oval ;)

The other option is if we can score the 100K deal a game like souths did to play at homebush. Outside of that we will hurt but from reports and posts it seems that should only 1 person turn up we will be financially well off from the broncos.

the view is crap at NSO, id rather drive to gosford, get a good seat and watch in comfort. I realise that would not be ideal for most residents and families on a monday night however.

NSO gets my vote, walk up the hill from the office. Stop at a few pubs on the way up, few more beers at the ground then a short walk home!!!!

Sydney Morning herald - Sport - p26 - article "Northern Lights".

"The Sea Eagles have permission to play at night at Brookvale only on Friday and Saturday and, if they are not allowed to play there, North Sydney Oval is the likely venue".

I would also favour North Sydney Oval . A crowd of 12,000 at NSO would look good on TV. I'm fairly confident that Warringah Shire Council will grant Manly approval to stage this game at Brooky Oval.

This game is 2 days before Origin # 1 ?
Therefore , no Bronco Rep players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4