The Million Dollar Men of the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Article in SMH today on the sports big earners

DCE - $1.25mil pa
Ben Hunt - $1.2mil pa
K Foz - $1.2mil pa :oops:
Turbo - $1.1mil pa
RTS - $1.1mil pa
Milf - $1mil pa
Lolo - $1mil pa
Michael Morgan - $1mil pa
Teddy - $1mil pa
Ash Taylor - $1mil pa
Nath Cleary - $1mil pa
Mitch Pearce - $1mil pa
Scam - $1mil pa (doesn't specify if that's just one of his contracts or all of them)

The article is on back of Knights offering Ponga a $4.5mil deal over 4 years to make him a member of the club

Also consider this for Jake

In October last year, Manly's Jake and Tom Trbojevic signed six-year-deals worth a combined $12.5 million to stay with their junior club until the end of 2026. While Jake will earn just shy of seven figures, Tom won family bragging rights after securing $1.1 million a season for his services.

Jake is a shandy off the Million Dollar club too - high 900's.

So we are spending north of $3mil a year on 3 players - and the earliest out is DCE in 2023

DCE - $1.25mil pa
Ben Hunt - $1.2mil pa
Turbo - $1.1mil pa
RTS - $1.1mil pa
Milf - $1mil pa
Lolo - $1mil pa
Teddy - $1mil pa
Ash Taylor - $1mil pa
Nath Cleary - $1mil pa
Mitch Pearce - $1mil pa
Scam - $1mil pa (doesn't specify if that's just one of his contracts or all of them)

The article is on back of Knights offering Ponga a $4.5mil deal over 4 years to make him a member of the club

In October last year, Manly's Jake and Tom Trbojevic signed six-year-deals worth a combined $12.5 million to stay with their junior club until the end of 2026. While Jake will earn just shy of seven figures, Tom won family bragging rights after securing $1.1 million a season for his services.

So we are spending north of $3mil a year on 3 players - and the earliest out is DCE in 2023
The difference with Manly spending $3-M on three players per year is that it comes off our salary cap, unlike Easts and Brisbane where only a fraction comes off their cap and the rest of the salaries are made up by nefarious means.

DCE and the TURBOS ARE ON 2 MILLION A YEAR
ONE MILLION FOR THEIR GREAT WORK ON FIELD
AND ANOTHER MILLION FOR THEIR GREAT WORK OFF FIELD
AND THEY DESERVE EVERY DOLLAR !!!
hayden-3-daly.jpg
hayden-2-tom.jpg
jake-school-3.jpg

DCE - $1.25mil pa
Ben Hunt - $1.2mil pa
Turbo - $1.1mil pa
RTS - $1.1mil pa
Milf - $1mil pa
Lolo - $1mil pa
Teddy - $1mil pa
Ash Taylor - $1mil pa
Nath Cleary - $1mil pa
Mitch Pearce - $1mil pa

Good call on Scam @Chip and Chase

Spot on.

On that list I would only take RTS and Teddy in addition to DCE and turbo. The rest are overpaid rubbish.
I don't know about rubbish (like Lolo and maybe Cleary), but they're definitely overpaid.

So Foz is on 1.2M and Teddy's on 1Mil - what a disparity.

And we wonder why clubs never turn a profit and why most clubs on that list lack a premiership in recent times----seriously it is laughable.

I would only take Cam Smith(not so much present day due to age) and Taumalolo as good or have had good long term value on over 1 million a year.(DCE potentially if his career was more consistent over the years)

Spending over a million on a Fullback unless they are once in a lifetime players is not worth it, we do have a long list of very good fullbacks though but i wouldn't be paying more than $800,000 a year on any of the above.(To me this is showing that it is not as rare as it is made out to find or create a good fullback of decent value in a short amount of time during this era)

I stick by my assertion that this Lolo guy is rubbish. ( does he play for the once were warriors?)

However Jason Taumalolo ( who isn't on the list) is a gun and had he been on the original list i would have had him with RTS and Teddy.

2020 could end up being DCE's greatest season. He has it all now, he's club captain and finally well established in the Test and Queensland sides, and he'll have a strong and committed team around him at club level. He'll definitely be a key player for us, yet again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4