The Mass Debate about our no.6

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I think to sort this out you need to just compare both players.... forget their positions for a second but compare the attributes they possess.

Who is the better defender between Burns and Lyon??

Who is the better attacker between Burns and Lyon??

Answer me those 2 simple questions firstly and then I will come back with some more food for thought.

I am in your camp on this one Nutz, but that may be a wee bit simplistic on the issue

Defender, Lyon just ahead for mine
Attacker, Lyon by plenty

The vital thing for me with wanting Lyon at 6 comes down to the fact i like seeing him roving the park, i think he is wasted being used primarliy on the left, when all his best footy in his career has been as a right centre.
And he also makes the men outside him more dangerous, best example being Bell since Lyon has been inside him, and he has thrown some very nice subtle balls and has defence holding off him.

Given the time we have given Burns, i beleive Lyon could, and should be, a better 5/8 long term

Burns is the better defender but not miles ahead. Both are towards the best wearing the 6 in the comp.

Monas is the best attacker

now my food for though please

"towards the best wearing the 6 in the comp"??

that'll do me fluff, you cant be serious on that one?

Nutz - at 5/8, Lyon defends more, taking away from his attacking game. I want Lyon as a fresh attacking weapon. Not a defending machine. We have Willow...and Burns for that.

That is why I reckon Burns should be 5/8

Your too close to the ruck to be playing a centers running game nutz.

I want a 5/8th with a bit of attacking prowess like Lockyer or Smith. Burns is much closer to that style than lyon.

Flip, you said Lyon is a better attacking playing than Burns.. then you said "I want a 5/8th with a bit of attacking prowess like Lockyer or Smith. Burns is much closer to that style than lyon."

??

I want a 5/8th with a bit of attacking prowess like Lockyer or Smith. Burns is much closer to that style than lyon.

Disagree, we have seen Lyon at 6 put more players through holes than Burns at 6 this season that i can recall

Flip, you said Lyon is a better attacking playing than Burns.. then you said \"I want a 5/8th with a bit of attacking prowess like Lockyer or Smith. Burns is much closer to that style than lyon.\"

??

Not so quickly champ. If you need to argue by taking me out of context than you do that.

For the record I said: Lyon, but he plays a centers style game

I then said:

Disagree, we have seen Lyon at 6 put more players through holes than Burns at 6 this season that i can recall

And where along the line have you forgotten what an attacking weapon Lyon is???

Why should one of the worlds best 'centers' be playing 5/8th for us when we already have one. It makes no scense to leave burns out to play Lyon out of position.

ok, who do you think are miles ahead in defence?

apologies Fluff, I misread and thought you were talking about the whole package not defense wise. :blush:

Probably only Fulton, Bird and Inglis are better defenders in the 6 over the weekend and I know inglis played fullback on Saturday

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]

And where along the line have you forgotten what an attacking weapon Lyon is???

Why should one of the worlds best 'centers' be playing 5/8th for us when we already have one. It makes no scense to leave burns out to play Lyon out of position.

[/quote]

I havent forgotten at all, infact i think we have seen Lyon make better inroads with the ball in hand at 6

He can fulfill both roles there, he can draw in and setup, or if the defence lifts off he has the ability to make the most of that on his own. So in that case, we get a a good attacker in Lyon also having the ability to set up another great attacking option Bell, which we dont see Burns do. At the moment when he is at centre he isnt getting anything of quality to work with anyway

Also, on the out of position bit, well, a point could be made that he is out of position playing left hand centre too, because his entire career up until coming our way was spent on the right hand side, where he looks more dangerous

we have seen Lyon make better inroads with the ball in hand at 6

That's gotta be a gee up? Surly?

We have seen him make better inroads at 5/8th than when he played for parra?

Spare me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4