The Manly Penalty Count

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
5 rounds in and Manly still have NOT won a penalty count yet . Here’s hoping ( did we only win 1 count in 2018 ?? )
Even at home we can’t win the penalties - I wonder if the referees are under instructions or they just ref one side .
NRL integrity will come under scrutiny eventually..

5 rounds in and Manly still have NOT won a penalty count yet . Here’s hoping ( did we only win 1 count in 2018 ?? )
Even at home we can’t win the penalties - I wonder if the referees are under instructions or they just ref one side .
NRL integrity will come under scrutiny eventually..
Where are the penalty counts recorded out of interest ?

Top of each Game Day Thread

Just click Expand under Team Statistics

To view past rounds, go back to the Forum page and click in the blue tag GAME DAY
Are stats for all games available anywhere ? I am keen to analyse the stats a bit further.

Top of each Game Day Thread

Just click Expand under Team Statistics

To view past rounds, go back to the Forum page and click in the blue tag GAME DAY

Hey that works! You bee a geen-e-us!

According to the stats, we won the penalty count against the roosters 5-4 @Mr Manly 007 and drew 7-7 with the warriors.

I mean, easy to say conspiracy.....but maybe we need to work on our discipline?
I agree we should always be working harder on our discipline. However it was clear during the knights clash the refereeing was terrible. The refs gave a lot more leeway to the knights indiscretions.. Call it whatever you want conspiracy..bad refereeing..bad luck? The real issue is that refs are not consistent.

For me, it’s not necessarily the penalties that we concede but it’s the penalties we don’t get. The idea that Knights were perfect for however long the run of 7 penalties against us took is just unsustainable.

Yes, I believe the druggos played perfect football from around the 20min mark right through to the 60min mark - geez they must be so disciplined- i’m so in awe of their coach - not

Watched the game again last night, and the run of 7 penalties started with a tackle from Corey Wadell. He was on him for less than a second and got pinged for holding down. Ref said something along the lines of "Corey, you have to get up quicker mate".
There were a hundred tackles in the game where the tackler was slower than this. It was a PRE PLANNED, DELIBERATE ACT by the referee as far as I am concerned. The ref must have got the call from the bunker, who must have received if from elsewhere.

There were about 5 other calls after that which were totally mystifying. The decision to overturn the line drop out when Suli "stripped the player" in goal, was to me the worst of them.

Watched the game again last night, and the run of 7 penalties started with a tackle from Corey Wadell. He was on him for less than a second and got pinged for holding down. Ref said something along the lines of "Corey, you have to get up quicker mate".
There were a hundred tackles in the game where the tackler was slower than this. It was a PRE PLANNED, DELIBERATE ACT by the referee as far as I am concerned. The ref must have got the call from the bunker, who must have received if from elsewhere.

There were about 5 other calls after that which were totally mystifying. The decision to overturn the line drop out when Suli "stripped the player" in goal, was to me the worst of them.

With Des' penchant for video usage, I think video summaries of this should arrive on Annersley's doorstep every Monday morning.

No claiming he didn't know because he was watching a horsey race either.

The tackle timing is such a subjective one and much abused by the ref's.

The games I believe are somewhat “ scripted” today , blowouts don’t make for good TV viewing , they ( broadcasters ) want Golden Point as much as possible.

I don’t think we are the only ones to get screwed.

Last year I watched every game over two weeks, noting down the penalty counts v scores and whilst I threw away the data ( after posting something on ST) there’s a definite pattern.

Mind you the top couple of sides never had this happen to them so read into that what you will.

I would love to see someone create an algorithm that gives a numerical weighting to how devastating a penalty is to a side in the context of a match, with things like stage of the match, closeness on the scoreboard, part of the field, lateness in the tackle count all taken in to account. For example a 4th or 5th tackle penalty in your own half whilst behind on the scoreboard could be given a 3 whilst a 1st tackle penalty attacking the line when already in the lead is given a 0.5. I think if you analysed the penalties on a metric like that even the penalty counts that appear close on paper would still be incredibly lop-sided against us.

The game belonged on crimewatch it was that one sided.Penalties were given for bugger all. The better we play the more penalties against us.Refs and the whole board don’t know the difference between sh...t and clay.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8