The man to change things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
ManlyArmy said:
Number 1 thing that has to change is our go-forward. If we are able to find that again, quick play the balls will come and players like DCE, Foz and Gifty will have more room to move. Just look at Killer's try last night, great right side play off the back of momentum from a previous great run up the middle and quick play the ball.

When our attack is firing, the players can focus more on defence isn't of worrying to score off every play because of frustration.

8 consecutive sets on them in the first half last night & we couldn't even look like scoring a point. With that much possession any team should have had a 2 try lead minimum. We have zero attack because we have no plan or structure in attack. That come from the coaching staff. I thought getting Johns was going to be a master stroke for our halves but they have been getting worse not better. Maybe he's secretly working for the knights
Yes we had 8 sets on the Rorters line. We only had one of or halves with Foz out. DCE moved from his usual side of the field to replace Foz. Gift took over DCE on the right, all of which happened with no training sessions due to Foz being ruled out on the day of the game.

That's why our attack looked ordinary on Monday. If Foz plays we definitely score with him targeting the backpacker who's got NFI in defence.

I thought Richie was back last week!?! Rd 16, Susan said so..........
Maybe he got suspended in NSW Cup, he has a lot of form in that area you know. :)

Bradza said:
I thought Richie was back last week!?! Rd 16, Susan said so..........
Maybe he got suspended in NSW Cup, he has a lot of form in that area you know. :)

These early reports all say that Richie will not be back until Round 18:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8650809
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8616011/Fa-aoso-gets-eight-week-ban-for-Inglis-spears
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-30/faaoso-accepts-eight-week-ban/4660648
http://tracker.org.au/2013/05/thaiday-says-harsher-penalties-for-lifters/

The man to change things is . . .

DAVID PERRY, and he'll be able to make the change from the beginning of the off season by appointing a new coach.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
The man to change things is . . .

DAVID PERRY, and he'll be able to make the change from the beginning of the off season by appointing a new coach.

Thankfully David Perry has some brains and wouldn't do something as stupid as that suggestion

[/quote]
Yes we had 8 sets on the Rorters line. We only had one of or halves with Foz out. DCE moved from his usual side of the field to replace Foz. Gift took over DCE on the right, all of which happened with no training sessions due to Foz being ruled out on the day of the game.

That's why our attack looked ordinary on Monday. If Foz plays we definitely score with him targeting the backpacker who's got NFI in defence.
[/quote]

Playing a second-rower at 5/8 was a mistake. There was an easy solution: slot Hiku in at 5/8. He is a talented back.
Another easy alternative was to put Lyon at 5/8 and Hiku in the centres.
Why clog up the backline with a forward? The results showed - we had no attack!

[/quote]

Playing a second-rower at 5/8 was a mistake. There was an easy solution: slot Hiku in at 5/8. He is a talented back.
[/quote]

Gift was our best player on the night. He got 1 point in the Dally ms and people still giving it to him. Unbelievable.

the mauler said:

[/quote]

Exactly, a ridiculous decision and its showing that the coach is a long way short of the top coaches.

Funny thing is that you lot saying that was a very simple solution were also the same ones saying after Hikus debut that he couldn't defend

I can imagine now what the bagging of Hiku would have been like if he was thrown into 6 and Cordner, SBW and co ran over the top of him all night.

His defence needs some work before you can put him into the frontline

There is definitely a major problem. We have a playing group that have been together a long time. I can't believe that between them they cannot score a try in 8 sets. I'm agreeing with a lot of other posters - our attack near the line is rubbish. Our lack of discipline is rubbish. I'm over the excuses. I'll be cheering for a win against Parra but no way will I be surprised if we lose.

the mauler said:
[Gift was our best player on the night. He got 1 point in the Dally ms and people still giving it to him. Unbelievable.

What is unbelievable is that you believe this.
You are living in the past. He has been a great player but this year his form hasn't warranted a place in the top 17. I'm sorry, but you have to face facts. He may never regain his former talent. His return to the team has co-incided with our slump. He gets another chance to prove me wrong against Parra. I hope he does. I'm a huge fan, but I am not so one-eyed to acknowledge that all players peak. It's happened to Benji Marshall.

His return to the team has also coincided with other people not being in the team as well

He played ok the other night, as he was thrown into the halves at the last minute, and he was among our best players, he certainly outperformed our origin halfback on the night

His form has easily warranted a top 17 spot, not up to the high standard of form he can produce in attack, but defensively he has been good, especially down in Melbourne. Now that Tony Williams is gone though we needed somebody to fill those forum boots, and with King injured Stewart has been the obvious choice

Kiwi Eagle said:
His return to the team has also coincided with other people not being in the team as well

He played ok the other night, as he was thrown into the halves at the last minute, and he was among our best players, he certainly outperformed our origin halfback on the night

His form has easily warranted a top 17 spot, not up to the high standard of form he can produce in attack, but defensively he has been good, especially down in Melbourne. Now that Tony Williams is gone though we needed somebody to fill those forum boots, and with King injured Stewart has been the obvious choice

What a cynical outlook that is Kiwi :p. There weren't any "Forum Boots" from rounds 1-6. Criticism is levelled when performance dips, and that's just what happens on this sort of forum. If we all had nothing to say about everyone but glowing endorsements week after week regardless of the results it would be a waste of time coming here.

Ralphie said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

What a cynical outlook that is Kiwi :p. There weren't any "Forum Boots" from rounds 1-6. Criticism is levelled when performance dips, and that's just what happens on this sort of forum. If we all had nothing to say about everyone but glowing endorsements week after week regardless of the results it would be a waste of time coming here.

I prefer the experienced Silvertails user outlook :p

Have been many that have filled the role over the years, in 05 and 06 Matai and King shared the role, 2007 Jamie Lyon stepped into the esteemed shoes which Williamson helped him fill for some of that year and into 08 before Orford did a fine job filling them in 2009 until the big Williams made them his own until leaving :)

Round 1-6 Buhrer was being sized up for the position but Glenn came back just at the right time. Unfortunately for King, who was the favourite in a poll last year about who would fill T Rexs boots, he has missed the chace through injury

In all seriousness though, criticisms and everything like that is exactly what the place is here for and should always be, everyone always wants the side to improve. But too often a lot of it comes from predetermined ideas that just cant be moved regardless of what people do, best example probably being the "George is too fat to play NRL" brigade ;)

No way did he out perform DCE KE, all he did was run sideways from closer to the middle leaving DCE to do everything.

When Lyon pushed inside gift and gave the right side some direction we looked good in attack.

The Who said:
the mauler said:
[Gift was our best player on the night. He got 1 point in the Dally ms and people still giving it to him. Unbelievable.

What is unbelievable is that you believe this.
You are living in the past. He has been a great player but this year his form hasn't warranted a place in the top 17. I'm sorry, but you have to face facts. He may never regain his former talent. His return to the team has co-incided with our slump. He gets another chance to prove me wrong against Parra. I hope he does. I'm a huge fan, but I am not so one-eyed to acknowledge that all players peak. It's happened to Benji Marshall.
Mate I don't hand out the Dally m points. Just stating a fact. You may think he was ordinary on Monday night but in my opinion he was one of our best and whoever the judge was agrees.

As for blaming Gift for our slump thats ridiculous. You don't honestly believe it's all his fault do you??? Lol.... you've got to be kidding. We've got half nearly our whole front row rotation missing ffs. You think maybe that's got something to do with our slump??

Fluffy said:
No way did he out perform DCE KE, all he did was run sideways from closer to the middle leaving DCE to do everything.

When Lyon pushed inside gift and gave the right side some direction we looked good in attack.

Can't agree mate

DCE did nothing at all the other night. If you get a chance have a look at our 1st try again, Glenn directs the 2 plays beforehand, the best part being telling Lawrence to run straight and set us up, on the next play with a bit of room he put on the play that eventually led to the try, it was a big amount of skill involved. On that play alone he produced more than DCE did all night

Lol it also frustrated me to watch DCE get a repeat set for Qld last week and he never gets close to it for us !

You should agree, Glen was still a long way below average and not even close to be better than DCE for general play. DCE was playing half and 5/8 for 90% of the night trying to organise everything. The other thing is the opposition new gift would offer nothing so rushed DCE all the time, there were 3 knock downs in those repeat sets (that DCE cant get) 2 of which were try savers. DCE was playing on the opposite side of the field to normal as well to accommodate Glen. Last tackle kicks were all Ballin or DCE, Glen didn't kick once, again puts a lot more pressure on the kicker when there is only one half kicking.

DCE did not have a good game but glen was worse.

If there was a stat for total metres run glen would have topped it on Monday, ran about 200m sideways and just killed almost everything on the right side over and over again. Ran for about 20m in one hitup, made 1m forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4