The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe they are getting rid of all the rainbow trouble makers. No one knows what’s really going behind closed doors so it’s hard to know what it’s all about.
After renewing half their contracts? Mind you, that WAS under the previous recruitment team…

It’s not about being cool or even hammering brooks - although saying he’s playing well this season is ignoring the many seasons of mediocrity he dished up before that. But more the point is that we seem to be removing young up and coming talent if favour of old (tigers) players. Where’s the planning for the future? We invested in Shyster (went all in and got rid of Foran) and now wheres that strategy gone?? The place seems to have no clear objective or strategy.
Yep understand that. Brooks at 28 isn’t old though, and he does have a Dally M Halfback award in his back pocket somehow

Over the next 3 seasons, and we may expand that out to 6-7 to end his career, Will his output at 600k offer more than Latu Fainu at 350,400k, I’m picking probably yes, but is a gamble on both sides

We talk about Fainus potential, Brooks may be a good lesson there as he was touted the next Andrew Johns, which increased all the scrutiny on him and got him his money on potential

Isn't this what happened at the Broncos when Siebold was there?

The coach plus most of the roster ended up being clients of the same manager... not a recipe for success.

It’s not about being cool or even hammering brooks - although saying he’s playing well this season is ignoring the many seasons of mediocrity he dished up before that. But more the point is that we seem to be removing young up and coming talent if favour of old (tigers) players. Where’s the planning for the future? We invested in Shyster (went all in and got rid of Foran) and now wheres that strategy gone?? The place seems to have no clear objective or strategy.
Yes it’s hard to follow. A bit like some of the buying free for alls of the 1979-83 era. Plenty of good local (real local, not transplanted local) juniors and the odd talented no name import (Phil Carey) were thrown under the Arko-Bozo bus during that period.

Wow...it really is a changing landscape here at Manly, this'll have a knock-on effect with incomings and outgoings I'd say.

Ok I have said before on here many times, i watch almost every game every week. But I religiously watch the Tigers for reasons previously explained.

I am trying not to sob as I write this.

Brooks and Johns will be a decent (at best) pairing in nsw cup. But please never let them near our nrl side.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8