The King and the Fool

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No excuses next season. Barrett will have a farking LOADED squad (especially if they get Pearce):

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Corey Allan
03. Brent Naden
04. Nick Cotric
05. Jayden Okunbor
06. Matt Burton
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Luke Thompson
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tevita Pangai Junior
12. Jack Hetherington
13. Josh Jackson

14. Matt Dufty
15. Dylan Napa
17. Adam Elliott

type of deal (fill in the blanks). There's a whole lot of mongrel there, so I see them being screwed suspension wise (both on and off the field). The other issue I honestly see is the laziness Ferris will instill in them.
To be honest they are starting to look like the next Parra in terms of recruitment.

Few to no local kids coming through with a number of good but not great players bought at potentially "overs"(apart from maybe burton but that depends on how he goes away from the panthers)

If they all fire it could get them near the 8 but with no real depth

And as Joe said,the rule changes have made the spine more crucial than ever,it has changed the value and impact more than ever as opposed to previous years.
Des had Tom/DCE/Fainu/Olakau'atu/Schuster/Walker on the roster last year but struggled to adapt to the changes and where did we finish?
I admit that there were injuries to Tom and Fainu not available but as you say excuses are for losers.....
With Des at the helm, Tom missed a heap of footy in 2019 and we had Brendon Elliot at fullback in the finals. We beat the Sharks and came within a whisker of upsetting Souths until the bin was used on Jake T.

The team will need 3-4 years to gel. After that they’ll be unstoppable.
Gel like this?
578B5A97-3C15-449A-B6F8-C0193B8668CA.jpeg

Today Annesley said the hair pull was a penalty and Tom never lost control of the ball.

Trent must be in some parallel universe.
I could have lived with a no try on the Tom one.
I think if we hadn’t had one in the bin we would have scored a free more.

When your leader keeps making excuses, his team will always accept losing and look for the soft way out.
I actually thought Dogs had a dig against a flat Manly team, but still fell way short.
If Barrett wanted respect after the game, honesty would have been a priority and his players would recognise where they fell short and could maybe try improve these area's
After that interview, his players are of the belief they were picked on by the ref and mediocrity is good enough to be part of this Dogs team.
It's 1 thing as a coach to support and have your players back, but to sit back everyone week in a disillusional state, sprouting BS will continue getting the results he got at Manly and now at Dogs....accountability is key, the players will struggle to battle for someone they don't trust or believe in and this just be Barrett's biggest problem
Yeak,Maxta you have to be held and hold the team accountable and whilst he might not want to publicly torch the team or individuals,blaming the refs and incidentals each week doesn't help the team improve.
Owning it is the fastest way to get respect.....the one crazy thing he has done this year and Walters and Madge have the same issue is that they don't seem to have ever believed in a certain group of players and actually stuck with them long enough to see any improvement,just panicking and changing the line-up each week just makes you look like you have no real idea.

With Des at the helm, Tom missed a heap of footy in 2019 and we had Brendon Elliot at fullback in the finals. We beat the Sharks and came within a whisker of upsetting Souths until the bin was used on Jake T.
Sorry,should have clarified,I was talking about 2020....The rule changes were brought in in 2020,the old rules which our side was built for were in 2019 and we did not adjust in 2020 when they were changed before the season began,yet a side like Souths which may have struggled under the old rules fits perfectly for the updated rule changes.

Last edited:
No excuses next season. Barrett will have a farking LOADED squad (especially if they get Pearce):

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Corey Allan
03. Brent Naden
04. Nick Cotric
05. Jayden Okunbor
06. Matt Burton
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Luke Thompson
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tevita Pangai Junior
12. Jack Hetherington
13. Josh Jackson

14. Matt Dufty
15. Dylan Napa
17. Adam Elliott

type of deal (fill in the blanks). There's a whole lot of mongrel there, so I see them being screwed suspension wise (both on and off the field). The other issue I honestly see is the laziness Ferris will instill in them.
looks like a bloody good squad

The most bizarre call in that whole match was that ridiculous sin binning against Aloiai so it's pretty weak for Barrett to whinge about a flagrant hair pull being penalised and a ball that was never dropped being called a try. You can't knock it on into your own body.

And Coats will go to a new level. He'll probably be the comp's leading tryscorer next season.
Yep. Meaney and Coates will look like world beaters down at Melb next year. Same as Reimis Smith, George Jennings, and Brenko Lee before them.

Then the Dogs and Broncos will be wondering why these star players turned in such insipid performances for them.

Next Sunday's dogs v tigers is the stuff of nightmares

Only the masochists will be watching that game

The battle of the mastermind coaches Maguire v Twenty

Madge is light years ahead of Baz. Madge has two titles to his name, an NRL premiership, and a Superleague premiership. Baz will never have either.

Madge is light years ahead of Baz. Madge has two titles to his name, an NRL premiership, and a Superleague premiership. Baz will never have either.
Also light years in front on the four-letter word front. Every second word out of that miserable looking c-nt’s (did you see what I did there?) mouth is f-ck.

Meanwhile Trent is light years in front in the good looks department.

I probably won't watch it but I'll watch the highlights if the Tigers belt the Dogs. That would be a fantastic way for them to end their season under the supercoach.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10