The KEY moment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Manly allowed offloads that gave Eels the early onslaught- no doubt
But after showing guts and resilience ti the point of being down penalties 8-2....and bombing 2 tries, found a way to trail by 6 with plenty of time
Dominating the contact with Marty 2 metres out and trying to play the ball they give Eels a penalty???
Would love this moment back in time with honest and better refs to see the true outcome from this moment
Turned the game around 100%

11 minutes to go
Up against 12 men
One metre out
Second tackle
Only 6 points down

And Marty Tapau tries to play the ball with his body horizontal to the ground.

There is your turning point.

Manly duly lose by 16 and now have to go through Brisbane and Melbourne.

NYEagle

And by the way, that penalty against Marty was justified

If you watch the play, Marty played the ball from the horizontal well before the Parra player had held on to him long enough.

The most bone-headed play I have ever seen in 40 years of following rugby league

NYEagle

That idiot Sutton decided the match in the end, like he did in the semi against the Riff in 17, Disgraceful decision to penalise Marty when Alvaro was all over him trying to slow it down knowing they were a man short. My concern before the game was always where we going to be allowed to win tonight, Suttons decision confirmed my fear!!!

How about Horhay dropping it with the line wide open, We score that try just before half time and that stings Parra big time. Marty's effort was poor no doubt, as was DCE's **** kick and Jennings squeezing him and stealing the ball from the clown.

Perhaps dce’s last tackle plays in the final 15 minutes, one was a grubber that was an awful effort. Barely took the line on all game, all I can remember was a good effort in the clear backing up AFB

He signed the contract that was offered so not blame in that, and I am not saying get rid of him or lose the captaincy, but he takes up too much of the cap that we need to get players who can more consistently create opportunities.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest, we didn’t deserve to even be in the game. I didn’t see guts or resilience I saw a good team playing very poorly been outplayed by an average team playing slightly less poorly.

I don’t get mad at the refs when we play that badly. The coach, the captain and most of the players should be pretty embarrassed by that. I’m still filthy

It was boneheaded of Marty to not play it properly but he'd been tackled, was attempting to get up and they did hold on too long. Even pushed him back down as he was trying to get up. Definitely a penalty to us.

Don’t forget rebuen going the hog with two blokes outside him and then throwing a forward miracle ball. As bad as we played we could have won that game,

But after showing guts and resilience ti the point of being down penalties 8-2....and bombing 2 tries, found a way to trail by 6 with plenty of time
Dominating the contact with Marty 2 metres out and trying to play the ball they give Eels a penalty???
Would love this moment back in time with honest and better refs to see the true outcome from this moment

Never a truer word spoken Maxta.

I just got back from the game and was at the end where that happened. Worst home town decision ever (...well maybe that's an exaggeration but anyway).

We were coming to get them for sure and certain.

And by the way, that penalty against Marty was justified

If you watch the play, Marty played the ball from the horizontal well before the Parra player had held on to him long enough.

The most bone-headed play I have ever seen in 40 years of following rugby league

NYEagle
Saw a Parramatta player play the ball in the same manner a few minutes later attacking the Manly line and the ref did nothing. I note that only we were off side in defence as well. Consistently is very over rated.

Des highlighted this as the key moment in the match at the presser.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8