The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Jake T

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
If they want to win a comp they'd be1 better off ringing Nick on 1800Chooks.

I am 100% serious.

Dear Jake

The best Window of opportunity is to

Start getting more aggressive and break down the fcking Premiership Winning door
SOTW-Break-Down-Door-3.jpg

On another note history will repeat itself in another season or 2, just watch.

The club won't want Jake after his current contract which ends after 2026. He will be 33 before 2027 kicks off and have the pace of a severely wounded tortoise.

They will break the news to him some time after 2024.

If you think the pride jersey was bad wait for this to unfold.

The club won't want Jake after his current contract which ends after 2026. He will be 33 before 2027 kicks off and have the pace of a severely wounded tortoise.

Obviously form and physical health will determine this, as with any player in the NRL. I think it's too early to call. Watching him at SOO level last season, I wouldn't be so quick to write off Jake's longevity capabilities just yet. Obviously his role, minutes, etc may have to adapt. When it's time to call it a day, surely Manly keeps him on in a coaching/mentoring capacity regardless?

Father time clock keeps ticking and History repeats its self for every player

Every player peaks and then declines and some decline quicker than others

I see no drama here as this is just part of footy

In this competitive results driven world of sport every player is only as good as their last game
and Jakes dominant last game in 2022 was his one stand out effort for NSW

Lets hope we see Jake have a dominant 2023 year

Don't underestimate the effect of the change of coaching staff and their approach to the game. I like what I've seen during the off season and the players like it too. I expecting to see a much improved Manly side this season. Anything is possible.

You’ve just broken it to him.

Who is this different @Woodsie? So much faith in a coach turning this mess around ? Has someone taken control of your account or mind? Aliens? You've found God haven't you and joined Bring Back the Biff?

Not just a coach ... a whole new approach from waterboy to CEO ...

It's like they have all been to ole Biff's Southern Baptist Revival Tent and od'ed on the cordial ..

So Wombat .. take off that mask ... clap your hands ... and sing from the prayer sheet ...

"Mine eye's have seen the glory of the coming of the ...... "

Great replies @Pete W and @BOZO

I agree 100%.

Let's 23 and 24 are the best of his career.
We want all our players and coaching staff to have the best 2023 and 24
We want a Manly Premiership Win
Anything else is Mediocre and Not Manly

Lower our Great Standards
and we stand for Nothing Great !
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Not just a coach ... a whole new approach from waterboy to CEO ...

It's like they have all been to ole Biff's Southern Baptist Revival Tent and od'ed on the cordial ..

So Wombat .. take off that mask ... clap your hands ... and sing from the prayer sheet ...

"Mine eye's have seen the glory of the coming of the ...... "
OK, I will.

I miss Biff .......

Which starting me thinking ... who have been our best players not to get a gong ... Ben Kennedy, but he was not here long enough for that to be a tragedy ... The Legendary Roy Bull would be one ... who else ?
Looking at Sea Eagles 200 gamers, I think Bob Batty might be the only one to miss a premiership win. He did play grand finals for Manly as the club was building to their first premiership, but selflessly stepped down to allow some young kid to play first grade, or so the story goes.

Looking at Sea Eagles 200 gamers, I think Bob Batty might be the only one to miss a premiership win. He did play grand finals for Manly as the club was building to their first premiership, but selflessly stepped down to allow some young kid to play first grade, or so the story goes.

Top competitor Bob Batty. Remember him well. Good attacking player, reasonable defense and a goal kicker of some worth. Very popular with the fans. And you're right. Retired to allow a young kid from the Central Coast called Eadie to assume the custodian role. A shame he missed out on a premiership

Top competitor Bob Batty. Remember him well. Good attacking player, reasonable defense and a goal kicker of some worth. Very popular with the fans. And you're right. Retired to allow a young kid from the Central Coast called Eadie to assume the custodian role. A shame he missed out on a premiership
Zero recollection of Bob as I was too young but do recall frank Hyde referring to him as the Road Runner!
In A Hurry Goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes

I know the story feathered friend

The Great Manly Club man Batty was at the end of his great Manly career and the Emerging super star the Wombat was ripe to rip into the Manly number one jersey and it was unjustifiable to hold him back and the rest is History

The 4 time premiership Winning Fullback
The Incredible , Powerful and Durable Graham Eadie

The Legendary Wombat locking down the Manly Fortress
Graham Eadie Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Zero recollection of Bob as I was too young but do recall frank Hyde referring to him as the Road Runner!
In A Hurry Goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes

You're bringing back the memories there SER8. I recall him being called the Road Runner and I guess in a sense he reminded you of that character. Medium to tallish height, slim and could run like RR. Scored quite a few tries over the years. He was one of many top full backs of that age including Langlands, Johns, Barnes, Simms and regrettably missed out on rep selection. Was good enough, just too many good ones in that age.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4