• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
What is anyone's opinion of the new touchscreen computer iPad?

So far I am very impressed. There has always been the unwieldy apect of laptops and notebooks for sitting down and doing a bit of relaxed and comfortable browsing. It can play movies, surf the internet, has photo and calendar applications, does emails via a touchscreen keyboard, it can sync with other computers, and allows you to buy a range of media to download to the device. It has most of the touchscreen features of the iPod/iPhone.

I don't care that it doesn't have a phone or a camera. The smaller a phone is the better, and really good photos come from a dedicated device.

To me it is almost the perfect size for relaxing back and propping it on your knees and watching any form of media content including interactive newspaper sites or reading a book. It will be more comfortable and enjoyable to read huge reference books. I can just imagine the sorts of improvements that will be made over the next 5 years and it is like the sci-fi movies are all starting to come true. I won't say the book is dead but this is a good step forward.

The concept has been around for years without taking off.  Now it has an apple on it I would imagine it will go ballistic.  Weird. 

Matabele link said:
The concept has been around for years without taking off.  Now it has an apple on it I would imagine it will go ballistic.  Weird. 

I think its acceptance this time has more to do with the integration of existing touchscreen features and probably better apps for using books. I saw the first video disc (i.e. DVD) 15 years before they became a mainstream household item so I know what you mean.

the concept you are talking about Matas was atleast 3 times the thickness, wider and longer.

I hate apple products, you won't use the 10% of the features this thing will have. Computer syncing, nope. I do like the idea of eBooks (yeah remember that term?) and e newspapers.

New Product from Apple for the Y Generation with kids that want to show off but don't want to look after, the iDad and iMom (now comes in iMom and iMom varieties too!).

The iParent will look after your kid for you! Ignore risking going outside where dangerous bugs and animals reside, keep you kid inside all day with such features as interactive chores. Teach your kids the meaning of work by putting on the specially design gloves that responds to you childs movements. Then can now mow the lawn, pick up leaves and do laundry without ever having to get there hands dirty!.

Children need playtime too so we have created an interactive lessons that will have them using all the other iFamily products in no time at all. Teach them to put to the volume up and shuffle on any iPod product new or old. The new iPhone tutorial will have you kids using apps in no time at all, look at for the lastest crazy of application, the iSnort!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4