The impossible question perhaps never to be fully Answered.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Can you Choose one now?

• Snake?

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Turbo?

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member

This popped up on my feed and the memories flooded back. Really did get my grey matter working as to who is, was or possibly could be the best between TT and the snake.

I really don't know myself and i wonder if its even possible to answer.

We all know what Snake could produce and in my opinion he was a once in 30 year player. He had his issues and injury mid career that derailed something that could have been even more special. He was up against Slater who most 'experts' say was the greatest fullback of all time. He won everything to be won. He was a freak.

TT is still ascending and sky's the limit. Ben Ikin on 360 yesterday labelled him almost a once in a generation type player already. He looks to have it all. He too is up against a freak in Tedesco. He has had some injuries that have hampered progression. I would put him top 4 in the game when fully fit.

Snake had a much better side around him for most of his career than Turbo has had so far.

So if you had to choose one which would it be and why?

I chose Snake he was an absolute fullback , if it wasn't for injuries and the court case he would have exceeded what people think of Slater
Turbo well ask me again in 10 years I might have a different opinion ,Turbo may find himself in centres in the future he is so adaptable can play wing ,centre and fullback
So I'm basing my choice on the fullback position alone

Snake easily for me.

Tom hasn’t done anything close to what he’s done yet.

I know Snake didn’t play much Origin but I remember him playing very well and getting a couple of tries I’m beaten sides.

As for club level, 2 premierships and 4 grand finals with some pretty magic touches in those games.

Tommy could be anything or he could be injured half of every season and we never see him hit his potential.

It’s too early to compare. After TT retires we can have this debate.

Snake easily for me.

Tom hasn’t done anything close to what he’s done yet.

I know Snake didn’t play much Origin but I remember him playing very well and getting a couple of tries I’m beaten sides.

As for club level, 2 premierships and 4 grand finals with some pretty magic touches in those games.

Tommy could be anything or he could be injured half of every season and we never see him hit his potential.

It’s too early to compare. After TT retires we can have this debate.
Yep. Until Tommy wins a premiership, there's no comparison.

Too early to compare, Tommy is 23...................he is 23!!!

His best years are still ahead of him and the fact that this topic is coming up now means he is in really good stead to finish his career as Manly's best ever No1

But time will tell

Why do you think Snake gets overlooked so often in the best fullbacks debate? if your not a manly fan then its always Slater/Inglis yada yada yada.

I voted for both... Snake was a gun but he could never have slotted into a NSW centre spot and be best on park like TT did and he may have played a couple of SOO games but TT has played a couple already and been damn close to MOM every time PLUS the game is faster now yet TT covers just as much ground as Snake...
Likewise TT hasn't got the runs on the board Snake has and while his defence is very good it is not on the same level as Snake imo,...

In fairness to young Turbo its far too earlier to try to make such a comparison. He has a long way to go in his career. Lets hope that like Teddy he can put serious injuries behind him and have a long run without injury.

Do any of you feel Turbo is just a bit 'nice'?
Now im not saying there is anything wrong with that but a bit more mongrel wouldn't go amiss don't you think?

Snake had a bit of mongrel about him.

The only reason i started this unanswerable question was after watching the Snake clip i felt a bit sad for him that he doesn't really get the praise he deserves.
Tommy on the other hand gets it in truckloads.

As a fullback ? Right here, right now- Snake.

In 5 - 7 years time - could be Tommy if he wins a couple of premierships. His rep career has already eclipsed Brett's.

If Snake had stayed fit I truly believe he would have broken Ken Irvine's try scoring record.

I’ll start off by saying that I give all of this praise to Snake despite the fact that I was and still am really dirty with how Toovey was unfairly turfed from the club in 2015

Snake should have been a 3 time premiership winner with Manly but was robbed due to despicable refereeing in the 13 decider

Overcame diabetes to carve out a legendary career

Overcame 1 x season ending shoulder injury around the age of 18 and 2 x season ending leg injuries later on to attain greatness

Turned in good performances against QLD for NSW when the QLD side was at its greatest. Tom has turned in remarkable performances for SOO but the quality of the opposition was lesser

Snake was key to rebuilding our club when it was as broke and dead as a club could be. We were also no hope of winning a title when he was out injured such was his enormous value to the side

We all love Tommy but I myself don’t think he is going to outdo what Brett did for us at fullback. I’m not even convinced Tom will see out his entire career at fullback given how big a body he is. I do back Tommy to be a legendary player for us though. But it does blow my mind how Snake doesn’t get anywhere near the recognition he deserves

Snake all day everyday.. He had it all. Besides I can't see turbo being a fb for much longer with his hammies

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8