The Idiots guide to the No Look pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, I’m with you. Little flick back on the inside to a rampaging Turbo will be absolute gold next season... sorry Woodsie!

That's okay ... but if you can do it without looking ... you can do it better by looking ...

That's okay ... but if you can do it without looking ... you can do it better by looking ...
Obviously. But as you well know, the best NRL defences (not talking about Bulldogs etc) are very hard to break, and sometimes prising the smallest chink in the armour can be critical. Eg having a defender turn a shoulder in or take a half step to the inside runner can be the difference in your support player making a break. As you well know!

Obviously. But as you well know, the best NRL defences (not talking about Bulldogs etc) are very hard to break, and sometimes prising the smallest chink in the armour can be critical. Eg having a defender turn a shoulder in or take a half step to the inside runner can be the difference in your support player making a break. As you well know!

That may be so ... but employing a foil, that has a risk factor of fails 9 out of 10 times is not the answer ... it is part of the disease ....

Although, maybe I am being unfair .... perhaps if they also showed in the highlight reel, the no look passes that hit the deck, or sailed of into happy oblivion ... we could make a more informed assessment ...

PSS ... (Bloody Numbnuttery!)

PSSS ... and to my knowledge .. Fulton, Lewis, Johns, Cliffy, Langer, Thurston, Cronk, Keary, Cleary, Toovey, Sterling, Moses, DCE, Mortimer, etc etc etc ..... never had to dwell into the devils backpack and pull out the dopey no look pass to get through a defence ....

PSSS ... and to my knowledge .. Fulton, Lewis, Johns, Cliffy, Langer, Thurston, Cronk, Keary, Cleary, Toovey, Sterling, Moses, DCE, Mortimer, etc etc etc ..... never had to dwell into the devils backpack and pull out the dopey no look pass to get through a defence ....

From what I've e seen of young Schuster's no look passing... it is more of blending of the pop pass, but over a longer distance. Very useful technique because he delays the release until he is right in the defensive line and draws his outside defender in. A more traditional pass would not be as effective in my opinion.

The no look passes that we saw miss their mark on the weekend were completely different to the pop/delay technique employed by young Schuster.

Last edited:
Great, smartarse mode again ... that's 2 over a period of 11 years ... if you wish to make the point, that in your giggling simplicity you think you are making, you will need to find a hell of a lot more than that, ... Oh, and spend the same amount of time showing all the ones that have landed in the crowd over the past 11 years ....

Great, smartarse mode again ... that's 2 over a period of 11 years ... if you wish to make the point, that in your giggling simplicity you think you are making, you will need to find a hell of a lot more than that, ... Oh, and spend the same amount of time showing all the ones that have landed in the crowd over the past 11 years ....
Dear oh dear. Not trying to be a smart arse at all. I agree that like most things in sports... the no look pass can be executed poorly and misused, etc. I'm merely pointing out that it most definitely has a place in the game and can also come in a variety of forms.

It seems whenever somebody presents an idea/notion or fact that is different to your own generalised opinion-they are deemed a smart arse or numbnut. How old are you? And I'm the childish one.

Last edited:
The idiots guide to the non read post:

thank you
40.jpg

The moral of the Idiots guide to the no look pass story .....

The idiot guide applies to all fundamental plays in a game such as kicking , passing , Tackling and catching and that is if you dont do it properly you will look like an idiot
By missing tackles that lead to tries
By passing the ball over the touch line
By kicking out on the full
By dropping the ball with the line wide open

Bye Bye Mrs American Pie
Thats all folks :)
s-l500-5_ec2420f1-9805-4bda-8859-5619684125a6_530x@2x.jpg

Fittler and John's discuss some of the advantages of the no look pass in the clip above...
I look at it this way
Just like all plays in the game they have to be practiced to be able to be executed properly

Plays like the no look unpredictable pass is exactly what the word unpredictable means and that is ... not able to be predicted; changeable.

The moral of the story
Once you put a defensive line in a position where they are not able to be predicted; changeable then they are completely fcked

What made the greatest ever player Bob Fulton the Legendary Incomparable Immortal he is today was his unpredictability to score a try and win a match out of nothing
The Incomparable Immortal is Incomparable because he is the most unpredictable devastating player of all time
1976-grand-final-bob-fulton.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4