The Idiots guide to the No Look pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Okay, old fart time ... after seeing 2 more no look passes sail into the 4th row over the weekend ... I have to say I had hoped the numbnuttery had disappeared with the genital biter ....

But, we have a serial No Look Passer in young Schuster about to hit the big leagues .... (see his highlight reel) .. and I hope that somebody slaps him upside the head and tells him to put it back in his pocket ...

Even the try he put on ... his no look pass to DCE was a hair's breadth away from being embarrassing .... lucky DCE was skilful enough to reach back and pull it in ...

The limited or perceived advantage you get from it is heavily outweighed by the dopey factor ....

Good point
Footy player are always watching the ball
Athletes not so much

After 55 minutes in grade im not going to put this down as a pandemic that needs curtailing yet
We have had just as many crap passes this year from players aiming and watching. Good offloads hitting unaware players who have clocked off

But i rest my judgement . Its a results driven business and i may wish to blow up deluxe on any other day. No one said i was consistent or correct , just prolific . Also today im a stats man. Normally not so much.

I worry the hype around Schuster is based on his no look passes at lower levels of the game against kids his age.The pass he threw to DCE had more to do with the poor defensive read by BJ Leilua and if that was Jorge Taufua making that read,Silvertails would be outraged

Okay, old fart time ... after seeing 2 more no look passes sail into the 4th row over the weekend ... I have to say I had hoped the numbnuttery had disappeared with the genital biter ....

But, we have a serial No Look Passer in young Schuster about to hit the big leagues .... (see his highlight reel) .. and I hope that somebody slaps him upside the head and tells him to put it back in his pocket ...

Even the try he put on ... his no look pass to DCE was a hair's breadth away from being embarrassing .... lucky DCE was skilful enough to reach back and pull it in ...

The limited or perceived advantage you get from it is heavily outweighed by the dopey factor ....
DESpicable has been using the No Look Selection criteria all season.

Haha I get where you're coming from but Schuster seems to get away with it more often that not and I think it's one of his strengths to dig into the line and pass out the back without looking. I like it (for now)

No-look passes are a great way to fool the defensive line, and I think it's something that we can do as long as the players are on the same page.

You look at Benji for example, has a history of success with the no-look pass which is mainly due to his outside backs knowing to expect it and always be in a position backing up for when he delivers that pass.

Like any special trick, the benefits are knowing when the right time to use it is.

Like a game of poker, you've got to hide your 'tell' & never let your opponent work out your routine by switching things up to keep them guessing.

Schuster has a good bag of tricks but just needs to learn the right time to draw from it - he started getting predictable with the short grubber down the blindside before he came off against the Tigers.

Overall it's refreshing to see someone trying unorthodox things.

I reckon players with special talent should use it....in this case its peripheral vision...
The "no look" pass has massive upside as its the ultimate "sell" to the defender.
The important factor, is the attacking players in support need to be aware the pass is on - this is key...
I recall Benji Marshall using flick passes to wingers rather than a standard pass, which would have got the result....but damn entertaining.
Usually with ya Woodsie, but don't take the wand from a wizard of a player....I was more concerned at a stage when young Schu got kick happy and I think kicked about 3 times in a row for no result in good field position and on early tackles....the no look pass is a true indicator of a kid who has vision and time, which is what breaks open even the most stubborn defence and I have a feel in 10 years time, there will be many tries on Schuster's highlights reel featuring no look passes and sublime passes reserved for Special players...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2