The Hoppa Poll . Change vote option activated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If you had to meet Hoppa's management tomorrow ... Would you

• Honour the $250k offer ..

• Reduce offer to $150k ..

• Offer a development contract only ..

• Let him go ...

• Increase the offer to over the $250k

Results are only viewable after voting.
There seems to be a lot of threads about the " need " for a backup fullback to Tommy.
Personally I think Koula and Weekes will be fine,

but

Shall we get back Hoppa jnr? ;)

After all, he is on below minimum wage now @:D

My biggest question mark. Isn't that he is a hopoate and they have burnt the club a million times over. I think the kid can play. He's a fullback not a winger. My biggest question mark is does he have the foot speed for the new touch footy. In the juniors I seen length of the field runs. But he made it look hard. The quick ones aka Saab often make it look like a walk in the park.

I think DES should be left to answer this one.

Funniest thing with hippa jnr turning down 250k last year is that given he had what 5 or 6 games at the back end of 2020 he probably would have had a big chance when Tommy went down in preseason.

However in his old man's infinite wisdom he said no and went to Canberra on minium wage as a development player had hasn't Been sighted since.

Karma is a bitch sometimes.

It is such a sad thing that when you think that there was a whole lot of John's kids who were local rep juniors and Dad was a star at our club and none ever made it with us, except Will, who left us straight away. Then you look at Tom, Jake and Ben. The Hopoates will always have a masive chip on their shoulder with our club and the T's will live here forever as heroes and local legends. I just can't fathom how with all the boys that came through none ever played out a fair part of their career with us.

It is such a sad thing that when you think that there was a whole lot of John's kids who were local rep juniors and Dad was a star at our club and none ever made it with us, except Will, who left us straight away. Then you look at Tom, Jake and Ben. The Hopoates will always have a masive chip on their shoulder with our club and the T's will live here forever as heroes and local legends. I just can't fathom how with all the boys that came through none ever played out a fair part of their career with us.
Daddy is boss ... daddy is as thick as two short planks

Because John offfield is an absolute tool perhap?. He has played a massive role in destroying the boys careers over time. They haven't helped themselves much either.

I never want to see another Hopoate in Manly colours, the most disloyal mob we've had. We bring then though the ranks and the first chance they see they're off to another club.
Well, you definitely wont be seeing Jamil anymore, poor shmuck !!

Funniest thing with hippa jnr turning down 250k last year is that given he had what 5 or 6 games at the back end of 2020 he probably would have had a big chance when Tommy went down in preseason.

However in his old man's infinite wisdom he said no and went to Canberra on minium wage as a development player had hasn't Been sighted since.

Karma is a bitch sometimes.
Isn't their another younger Hoppa still in our junior sides ?

What exactly is Hoppa's issue with the club?

We took him back after his fingerpoking escapades at Wests Tigers & he only has himself to blame for getting rubbed out of the game for coathangering Keith Galloway.

What did the club ever do wrong to him or his family for them to have a chip on their shoulders about?

What exactly is Hoppa's issue with the club?

We took him back after his fingerpoking escapades at Wests Tigers & he only has himself to blame for getting rubbed out of the game for coathangering Keith Galloway.

What did the club ever do wrong to him or his family for them to have a chip on their shoulders about?
Clubs, I dare say all clubs, routinely do wrong by players simply because it's a ruthless professional sport.
Most players are professional enough to accept it goes with the territory, but every now and then someone (usually a family member not the actual player) cries foul.
Years ago I did a small removal job for Phil Blake's mum, she was unimpressed with the club, to put it mildly!

I thought, sans surname hype, Hoppa had what it takes to get to being a solid centre. I would say Whare-like. Not flashy but solid and could feel the game out when his experience came. He was not good on the wing and while I understand coaches bringing outside backs through the wing I think he lost confidence with his time there for us in first grade.

Do I think we NEED him? No. Do I have an issue with him in the 30 due to his name and funny eyes? Also no.

Albert Hoppa might struggle to get a i st grade gig at the Raiders next season even if he gets some more opportunity with the reserve comp operating again . Even Jerrod Croker may have a bit of competition in the Raider "s centres with those two young prospects there getting their chance to impress [ Savage was one i think ] and that young full back who played against Manly in game one .Probably needed quite a few more games in Manly 's reserves at full back to get his confidence and general play to a better level . Certainly fell well short of expectations with his hand full of games in Manly 's i st grade in late 2020 . Probably better that he did not take up that 250 k offer from Manly and was surprising that he struggled to make the transition after showing so much promise in the lower grades .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6