The Hill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
I'm noticing a lot of you are voting for a grandstand to replace the hill.
What is the reasoning behind this ?
Are you currently hill people or grandstand ?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just assumed that leaving the hill as it is would attract the most votes by far, so I'm a bit surprised.

sideways, up, down, backwards, around, daigonally, standing still

lots of directions

How is it moving forward?

if we wanted a grandstand stadium then why not just play at homebush where we can get a higher return no matter how ****e our crowds are just like the bunnies?

The atmosphere at Brookvale would be completely different to other grounds regardless of Grandstands etc. I like Matabeles idea:-

Put a huge sail coverring the Hill (blocks sun etc), and put maybe 15 rows X 100 seats at the very rear (yes, on a stand).

That way the Hill is catered to (with shade), and people who like a grandstand will be catered too, and it will still have the grandstand atmosphere.

We need to make sure it is fresh, innovative, and looks extremely modern. (Silvertails style)

The area between the back of the hill, and the toilets are a complete waste of space.

Pehaps a grandstand will allow the club to put in more corporate boxes?

Agreed Ryan, I'm not opposed to any idea that keeps the hill intact. That area behind the hill has to be put to better use.
It's a lawsuit waiting to happen when some idiot falls down the ramp at the back on a wet day.

****, ill just puch ya, that way we can re-investe the money in the club through plenty more piss drinking at the game

I would consider revamping the old stand and leaving the hill. Honestly I've only been to brookie once but if that hill is taken away then half the fun of going to the footie is gone.

i agree with Ryan apart from the sail thing. Shade is for pussies ,i love having a beer in the sun on the hill..

Thanks for the support Fluff.
Getting rained on is half the fun for me, the setting sun in the eyes sh1ts me a bit but not even a full awning will stop that.

I love the hill but progress demands improvements and better comfort. Crowd control is another issue to pushes the 'improvement' agenda.

I am told that whatever they call Newcastle at the moment has a big stand with a hill in the front.

Modern and comfortable grounds are the way to go. Careful planning could ensure the hill feel but with improved comfort and safety. The club has to continue to market to new fans rather than just keep the existing ones happy if they are to ensure support growth and sustainable futures.

I used to love the old Paddo Hill and the main hill at the SCG but I still like the feel of it now despite the changes. The future is coming and we can't avoid it.

Something like those new stands at Lords and the Adelaide Oval with the tent-like roof structure over the grass hill wouldn't be a bad idea.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4