The Hard Truth and it could implode the playing group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
I wrote a post last week titled... A loss this weekend could be our Season.. and I predicted we could be sitting 11th after the round.
Thankfully the bulldogs lost so we may finish 10th

But this post is reality, a reality all can see but I believe if action is taken will implode the playing group.

Burbo, is not a first grader, he may become one but need a season or two in the NSW cup, or a new club to become his own man, he tries hard but he offers very little in attack, is slow and lacks any real skill, he's basically there on effort and a name and this could be hard for the Trbojevic family to swallow.
His defence is hit and miss and he has way too many errors in his game.

Paulo isn't a first grader. Simple

Garrick is a wing, a really good finishing winger but definitely not a centre, his defensive reads are at times woeful, and more importantly he has zero ability to set up his outside man. He has also become a hog, possibly the worst in the league, he believes he's a superstar centre without actually putting the team first.

We need a hooker and not just a name sake hooker but a real hooker who can get us on the front foot.. Croker does a job defensively but we need more from his partner, and Croker can then go to 14. GKT not the answer.

Jake is a prop.. no more said.. way too slow as a 13 and so predictable

So summing it up Seibs and Mestrov need to
Drop Burbo
Drop Paulo
Jake to prop
Garrick to wing
Buy a real hooker
Crocker to 14
Buy a centre

And whilst I'm on it..if Seibs can't make these calls then he is not the coach we need..so Tony time to then get a new coach

Last edited:

court83

Bencher
I wrote a post last week titled... A loss this weekend could be our Season.. and I predicted we could be sitting 11th after the round.

But this post is reality, a reality all can see but I believe if action is taken will implode the playing group.

Burbo, is not a first grader, he may become one but need a season or two in the NSW cup, or a new club to become his own man, he tries hard but he offers very little in attack, is slow and lacks any real skill, he's basically there on effort and a name and this could be hard for the Trbojevic family to swallow.

Garrick is a wing, a really good finishing winger but definitely not a centre, his defensive reads are at times woeful, and more importantly he has zero ability to set up his outside man. He has also become a hog, possibly the worst in the league, he believes he's a superstar centre without actually putting the team first.

We need a hooker and not just a name sake hooker but a real hooker who can get us on the front foot.. Croker does a job defensively but we need more from his partner, and Croker can then go to 14. GKT not the answer.

Drop Burbo
Drop Paulo
Jake to prop
Garrick to wing
Buy a real hooker
Crocker to 14
Buy a centre

And whilst I'm on it..if Seibs can't make these calls then he is not the coach we need..so Tony time to then get a new coach
Throw in a few back rowers too.. hamole is good when we're attacking but does little else and no one else in this team adds any punch... As you said, Jake is too slow and predictable at 13, we need a watmough, a glenn Stewart, something other than the plodders we have now
Edit: ide be throwing whatever money we have at Angus chrighton... Roosters showed their hand trying to sign fifita while ignoring his contract renewal, he would add some punch for sure

Ryan

Journey Man

Drop Burbo
Drop Paulo
Jake to prop
Garrick to wing
Buy a real hooker
Crocker to 14
Buy a centre

Top to bottom of this post - perfect.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
For all the ones that say What is all this negativity on our forum ....

Negative Manly Results, Result in Negative Manly people Responses
Manly has a Proud Premiership Winning History and we HATE seeing it tarnished
Proud Manly People with High Manly Standards Hate seeing their Legendary club colors fade into failure

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning Standards and we stand for Nothing Great
1715992671612.png

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I think it is way too early to call time on GKT a kid learning to play first grade. I would rather see him get a longer run in the team before we make the call.

Re Burbo I guess he would not have even been in their plans if the Shu had not gone the way he did

Lets say we drop Paulo next week considering our injuries who do we replace him with? I am not even sure we could bring up another player outside of the top 30 unless he was injured.

Our issue has and will still be a number of poor contract decisions which has killed our depth / squad flexibility.

I appreciate the effort and thought that go into posts like this but in all reality our hands are pretty tied unless we are happy to take a step back for a couple of years (and maybe a wooden spoon) to rebuild properly

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader

Proud Manly People with High Manly Standards Hate seeing their Legendary club colors fade into failure

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning Standards and we stand for Nothing Great
View attachment 27055
Exactly Bozo.. I challenge anyone to look through my posts over the years. From day one that I found this place I have been a die hard Sea Eagles fan for 52 years.
I always put the club first at times going in to bat against anything negative
I always support the team and players and give them credit where is due

But as a real Supporter and not just a blow in fan all I care about is what I've grown up with, the real Manly Mentality.. Winning..at all costs.

There is a reason why we are ..sadly "were" the most hated team in the league, because we were winners and everyone else was either jealous or envious..
We did whatever it took to win ON and OFF the field.. just look at our history!

So mediocre does not cut it with me, I don't care what Woke BS world we live in, getting a trophy for participating is not me and it certainly isn't the Manly I know.

Over to you Mr Mestrov, to me the last hope as a real Manly man that "may" have the balls to make the changes and make Manly the force it should be.

Start by setting standards, cut players that are not winners, sack staff that are not winners, poach and raid every club and discard players in our roster to make room, get those 3rd party payments going and push every envelope to the last 0.01%.
I don't care if we are not liked.. just WIN.. because that's what sport is about.

The Who

Journey Man
I wouldn't write off Burbo. I think he is developing nicely. Perhaps he should be on the bench with Bully starting. Burbo can cover the centre position should injury warrant, so he is a valuable utility.
I tend to agree that Sandwich is more valuable as a winger than as a centre.
But as I've said in previous posts, Brooks must get more involved and take some of the burden off DCE. He ran the team when at Wests yet is rarely taking control here at Manly.
For those DCE knockers, did you notice the player who was backing up the two breaks we made down the right edge? Yep; that 35-year-old bloke who plays every minute of every match and who is one of the few bright sparks in our attack! Had he been passed the ball on either occasions we would have scored.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
I wouldn't write off Burbo. I think he is developing nicely. Perhaps he should be on the bench with Bully starting. Burbo can cover the centre position should injury warrant, so he is a valuable utility.
I tend to agree that Sandwich is more valuable as a winger than as a centre.
But as I've said in previous posts, Brooks must get more involved and take some of the burden off DCE. He ran the team when at Wests yet is rarely taking control here at Manly.
For those DCE knockers, did you notice the player who was backing up the two breaks we made down the right edge? Yep; that 35-year-old bloke who plays every minute of every match and who is one of the few bright sparks in our attack! Had he been passed the ball on either occasions we would have scored.
I did say Burbo needs another 2 years or another club..
And DCE I totally agree with you

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
I think it is way too early to call time on GKT a kid learning to play first grade. I would rather see him get a longer run in the team before we make the call.

Re Burbo I guess he would not have even been in their plans if the Shu had not gone the way he did

Lets say we drop Paulo next week considering our injuries who do we replace him with? I am not even sure we could bring up another player outside of the top 30 unless he was injured.

Our issue has and will still be a number of poor contract decisions which has killed our depth / squad flexibility.

I appreciate the effort and thought that go into posts like this but in all reality our hands are pretty tied unless we are happy to take a step back for a couple of years (and maybe a wooden spoon) to rebuild properly
Wooden Spoon!!!!.. that will f@#king do me.. i will lead a pitchfork brigade down to Brookie and burn it to the ground 😆

eagleron

Bencher
Throw in a few back rowers too.. hamole is good when we're attacking but does little else and no one else in this team adds any punch... As you said, Jake is too slow and predictable at 13, we need a watmough, a glenn Stewart, something other than the plodders we have now
Edit: ide be throwing whatever money we have at Angus chrighton... Roosters showed their hand trying to sign fifita while ignoring his contract renewal, he would add some punch for sure
Unfortunately the rooters will upgrade Chrighton now that Fifi is done, we might get one of their other two but I think we're better off looking for an up and còmer with potential than someone else's discard, we can't continue on with the same stable of plodders or it'll be groundhog day forever

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Drop Burbo
Drop Paulo
Jake to prop
Garrick to wing
Buy a real hooker
Crocker to 14
Buy a centre

Not a bad place to start
Burbo hanging in due to a lack on depth i reckon. The duck looked better in his preferred pond in the middle as with bully.
But the Burbo is struggling
Paulo is depth and we have That clayton F elevated next year but yeah

Frog is a great 14 , very cam mcinnes and i reckon he has a few cameo games in the halves in him after all these years

Garricks transition has been less than smooth and Talau threw down a challenge in what i perceive to be his favoured position . A tom / koula switch looks after both positions. Garrick not looking too natural passing at pace and ray ray just continues to hold off the doubters of which i am reluctantly one. He is so good for TV. Always has a shining light moment

A proper hooker would be great but positional changes as such wouldnt give us the 1 mill or more needed to get a classy hooker and centre. We have a fair few spots to fill for this season and next and not many of the players we are losing have been on much coin, the cap looks bleak IMO . Not much talk since the oku contract makes me concerned

Fulton, condon, parker, lawman, the duck only signed on for 1 as did brown. And the schuster drain.

I do like the changes but believe we need To take it up a few notches i think we also have to free up big coin and redesign some strategies around different skillsets

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
It's a fair post and agree with a few of the points by Jay Eagle and the hurtful truth is there are so many needs and shortfalls in this current setup, yet we are not way off the pace which makes it frustrating.
I mean Manly should have at least another 2 Wins minimum in the bank and be sitting aroung the 4, which shows many clubs are also a little unpredictable and it's only maybe Penrith, Cronulla and Melbourne who are consistent.....just my 2 cents is "Why and What" are these 3 clubs doing different and the answer I see is they turn up to "Win" every week and Manly and the others turn up to "Play"
This then means you have to "beat" those 3 willing and energetic teams over the 80 minutes, vs the also rans (including Manly) who can "Lose" a game more so than the opposition beating them.....
Yes the right setup with a left edge back rower (Creighton) and a hooker with some zing (?) will make a Huge difference, but we need to get the thing promoted in the off season "The Manly mentallity" which looked great pre season, but is not showing where it counts - On the Field !! :wait:

double hoops

First Grader

View attachment 27055

Once Upon a time a long long ago. This club had standards.

The Manly Mentality the culture of this club in the last decade you would have to agree it just stinks? As our lack of premierships in that time shows.

Past poor coaches have let this team take the easy lazy option for a decade.

A team that avoids the hard hits. Avoids building pressure. The Manly Mentality that our great coach is changing is that poorly all or nothing every day, nothing but inconsistent low per centage play.

Lucky for us Bozo. Seibold looks like he can be this clubs saviour.

His high standards just successfully improved the lazy way our boys play.

You'd have to love how he had this group playing with higher standards last night, that grinding consistent footy, the higher percentages.

Getting this team to play that way, is a massive step forward.

Sadly when the game was there to be won. In that split second moment Sandwich went back to that all or nothing low percentage kick ahead for glory he's always known at Man.

Even you would have to concede Seibs is improving our team and getting change for the better. @BOZO. The piss poor Manly Mentality of the past still lingers. It will take time.

Not even Rome was built in a day.

But Seibold can be Manlys saviour.

He's changing the crap culture at this club, and to get that success we both crave, its the only way.

Last edited:

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Cobbo and Creighton in..either of
Burbo, Woods,Parker,Condon, Paolo and Ray Ray out if room needed in the cap

We are not a social club

If the clubs worried about making the hard decisions Tony give me a call.. you have my number as i was a corporate sponsor when you were selling sponsorship boxes.
I would be more than happy to head the retention and recruitment without bias.

And the real Manly Mentality

Yes..I'm on a rampage, I've just witnessed a promising season go to S#%t.. 4th to 10th in 3 weeks

And if Seibs and Mestrov are not feeling the same way.. time to go too
But I have faith they are all in.

Last edited:

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Unfortunately the rooters will upgrade Chrighton now that Fifi is done, we might get one of their other two but I think we're better off looking for an up and còmer with potential than someone else's discard, we can't continue on with the same stable of plodders or it'll be groundhog day forever
I wonder if he sticks around with what’s transpired over at bondi more recently. Other clubs will be sniffing around him now offering big $$. He may tell East’s to shove it. Never has there seemed to be this many players leaving that club.

eagleron

Bencher
It's a fair post and agree with a few of the points by Jay Eagle and the hurtful truth is there are so many needs and shortfalls in this current setup, yet we are not way off the pace which makes it frustrating.
I mean Manly should have at least another 2 Wins minimum in the bank and be sitting aroung the 4, which shows many clubs are also a little unpredictable and it's only maybe Penrith, Cronulla and Melbourne who are consistent.....just my 2 cents is "Why and What" are these 3 clubs doing different and the answer I see is they turn up to "Win" every week and Manly and the others turn up to "Play"
This then means you have to "beat" those 3 willing and energetic teams over the 80 minutes, vs the also rans (including Manly) who can "Lose" a game more so than the opposition beating them.....
Yes the right setup with a left edge back rower (Creighton) and a hooker with some zing (?) will make a Huge difference, but we need to get the thing promoted in the off season "The Manly mentallity" which looked great pre season, but is not showing where it counts - On the Field !! :wait:
You're right mate, it's an 80 minute game and until our effort is maintained over the full 80 minutes we're never gonna be in the hunt

LeonardCohen

Bencher

I've seen enough of GKT to believe he is not the answer. He's willing in defence but is not physically strong enough to stand up to the forwards. He either misses the tackle completely or we concede substantial post-contact metres and lose the ruck. Then you've got his service, which is worse than Croker's. Sure, Gordy can engage the markers and run on occasions, but the passing is sloppy with a capital S.

I believe he has been overrated by many on the forum because we have a part-time 9 in Croker. People are itching for something better. The reality is Gordon is just a fringe first grader, not an upcoming star.

God

Bencher
I've seen enough of GKT to believe he is not the answer. He's willing in defence but is not physically strong enough to stand up to the forwards. He either misses the tackle completely or we concede substantial post-contact metres and lose the ruck. Then you've got his service, which is worse than Croker's. Sure, Gordy can engage the markers and run on occasions, but the passing is sloppy with a capital S.

I believe he has been overrated by many on the forum because we have a part-time 9 in Croker. People are itching for something better. The reality is Gordon is just a fringe first grader, not an upcoming star.
Just to small to slow and doesn't move well enough mechanically

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14