The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly don’t think paying Gutho $750k on a 4 yr deal classifies as paying overs, considering he could potentially spend half the year covering for Turbo’s injuries at fullback. Snap him up...& pronto.

Not just injuries, if Turbo gets picked for rep duties he’s unavailable for nearly a quarter of the season anyway, even if he plays the whole year without an injury.

He is the king there and they really need him, if he wants to win he will come home so i guess it comes down to not only money but success. Surely he knows the eels are a far inferior team to ours.. there spine is a joke they play with heart sure but there best player is a winger. There pack goes ok but ours is better. If he came to manly along with a good center we are top 4 material. Turbo and gutho teaming up with dce and fainu.. he'd love it with us. But maybe he wants to be top dog and make his own legacy which he is doing. If he strongly believes parra can win a title he will stay imho

Just curious, but to save going back through Silvertails where I'm sure I've read the answer about this scenario........

What is the risk to the club if we sign him and he does another ACL in the same knee? Is that treated as a pre-exisitng injury? Surely not?
You would think that there would be a full medical clearance before signing which is possibly lodged with the NRL/Insurer.

If it isn't deemed pre-existing and it's career ending then we get the cap space back?

I guess the issue then is, if it isn't career ending, then he's an expensive accessory on the sideline.

Also, two things.........

I think it's a shame to hold a talented player back from opportunities on the basis of what may never happen. Probably reduces his value by $50K a year.

Secondly, it's an unusual business where you have to continue to pay an employee when they cannot, what's the old term, complete the exertions they were contracted to perform.

Surely this can be improved for both parties? Thoughts?

If their wasnt a salary cap ,yep grab him ,fill in 5/8,FB,centre or wing.But truthfully We cant afford him and he is asking about 200k more than he is worth .

iMO Gutho is affordable we will have sufficient space under in the cap in 2020. It’s really a question of whether he can fit into our longer term cap planning. Gee I hope so he is a real talent.

I would sign guth as a long term centre/ utility. He has a bit of jamie lyon about him and will mature into a guy that will consitently get his winger and fullback in space. He is clever, can pass , kick, lead and is young.

I would offliad walker in a heartbeat to fit him in

But can we afford him and how is his knee.

Id love them to get jamil and liam knight back too and get a real manly feel to this team.

Will hoppa would hurt the bank too much

Manly should play hardball and use the residency rule. Don’t even let gutho play for parra.

Like easts did with Wally o’connell and the nswrl did with Eddie Lumsden
We would lose a few players doing that wouldn't we

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10