The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

sheridanstand78

First Grader
If the Whingers did not re-sign him they would have been lynched by their fans. I know it is not official but I did not seriously think he would leave there while ever the Dalai was their coach. I would say that the him re-signing means the Dalai is staying. End of the day we are doing just fine without Gutho!!

I would imagine friday is D day on the Guffo front. If the video game maniac is found guilty we will hunt Guffo, if not guilty Guffo will remain a squeel and we will be looking for a real 6, either within or on the market. I haven't lost faith in Croker, Schuster or Cust yet, I doubt Des has either... although I feel Egley is not in his long term plans.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the Eels would low ball him. They have nothing without him...

My hate for the Eels has coloured my perspective on Gutherson, especially given he is Dalai's pet, but I have to hand it to him, he is very effective. He seems to read the play really well. You don't see too many footballers running straight through from dummy half to score 70m tries...he's done it twice in three weeks. He looks awkward ball playing (probably because he is rangy) but it seems to work...that was a nicely timed pass to Sivo into space for a try today and he can throw a good cut out pass to an unmarked player. He is making it hard for me to justify the overrated tag I slapped on him earlier in the year.
Guys a gun been saying it for years now. Id love him to return and i think he is... fingers crossed. F### the dalai and parraslime

I don't understand why the Eels would low ball him. They have nothing without him...

My hate for the Eels has coloured my perspective on Gutherson, especially given he is Dalai's pet, but I have to hand it to him, he is very effective. He seems to read the play really well. You don't see too many footballers running straight through from dummy half to score 70m tries...he's done it twice in three weeks. He looks awkward ball playing (probably because he is rangy) but it seems to work...that was a nicely timed pass to Sivo into space for a try today and he can throw a good cut out pass to an unmarked player. He is making it hard for me to justify the overrated tag I slapped on him earlier in the year.
Screenshot_20190430-160553_Samsung Internet.jpg
check out his stats at 5/8 not to shabby at all, imagine he was playing behind our pack.

Bencher
Nothing wrong with that. It’s a funny game our game.Can easily catch you out. To make it to first grade a decent basic amount of talent needs to be there to reach that level for a start.After that it comes down to personal discipline , environment and coaching.

A player one doesn’t rate can suddenly improve if he finds himself in the right environment. Parker is a good example. I had him pegged as a gutsy reserve grader.

He’s no star and never will be but he has found himself in the right headspace, in a familiar position and is a competent first grader right now.Absolutely nothing in his previous 30 or so games suggested the form Des has got out of him.At times he looked like a rabbit in the headlights and totally out of his depth.Its a credit to him and to Des for finding the key to his improvement.

Clint has steadily flourished as a leader at a place where he is the man, as opposed to being in the shadow of Tommy and battling constant injury.I always rated him but he’s exceeded my expectations by a fair way.

If he comes back he won’t be in anyone’s shadow Would love to see him and DCE go around.

To be honest getting a Manly player wrong in terms of judging his ability is good news. Means another valuable addition to the team and that’s all any fan wants.

I agree with what you have said, but, he likes playing Fullback, he is good at that, and we have one/two of those, one of which is $900k a year I think. So, you throw Turbo to centre, or 5/8, or leave Tom there and put Gutho in centre or 5/8? Personally, I think it's throwing money that may be better spent elsewhere, or sure up the side we already have, who are younger, cheaper, and may have more long term potential.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sheesh, Clint. Why would you and your manager work so hard in trying to re-sign with an organisation that obviously wants to low-ball you?

Get some peace in your life and sign with Manly! You're busting your butt trying to do the right thing for a club that doesn't want to accept it.

You've disappeared down the Rabbit hole and you need someone to yank you back out as you've lost sight of your other options (Manly). It's like trying to fix a hole in a sinking ocean liner with duct tape and ignoring the lifeboats! Get out now!

Parra are treating you terribly. Come back here and feel some 'Manly' love.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It all turns on whether they resign Arthur and it looks like that’s outside of their current plans otherwise this would have been done and dusted by now. I agree Friday is D day.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I have stated that I would be surprised if he came back. This is about a manager doing his job in trying to get the best price for his player. ie leaking stories etc. It appears he wants to stay at Parra, they know it and was playing that line. They did not do the right thing by starting at such a low level. He is worth more to Parra then he is to us. Some players are worth paying overs for at certain clubs and in my opinion he is worth $750K to Parra but not us.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I count 8 teams in the comp who could use a fullback of his quality (Bunnies, Storm, Eels, Dragons, Tigers, Cowboys, Titans and Panfers). Someone should give him what he wants to play where he wants.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18