The Great Outside Back Adventure ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back row sure looks short of numbers.

Hmmmm Let's ponder this shortage slightly differently.

Who could we play in the back row if we have too? DES did decide to start having props be the teams play makers whilst at the dogs. Nothing is really assured with the mad professor.

Jurbo?
Burbo.
AI
Shoey.
Garner.
Jetski.
Keppie?
Guac.
Siro.
Parker?
Suli?
Kapow.

With the sad loss of Titmuss ... our forward stocks are ..

PROPS Kapow, Paseka, Keppie, Sipley and Boyle, and hopefully Aloaoiaoia, that's 6 (not enough)

2ND ROW .. Siro, Guacomole, Davey and GoJetski. (very light on)

LOCKE ... Jake ..

I know Dessie seems to have played Guacomole as a replacement middle forward ... but I am not a fan of that plan ...

Who have I missed ??
Zac Saddler, Sione Fainu, Garner possibly....

Back row sure looks short of numbers.

Hmmmm Let's ponder this shortage slightly differently.

Who could we play in the back row if we have too? DES did decide to start having props be the teams play makers whilst at the dogs. Nothing is really assured with the mad professor.

Jurbo?
Burbo.
AI
Shoey.
Garner.
Jetski.
Keppie?
Guac.
Siro.
Parker?
Suli?
Kapow.
I reckon Parker as a bench guy that can cover backrow or outside backs. Handy to have on the bench. With these new signings will probably struggle to get a regular gig in the backs so might be his best option

Garrick is our kicker. He is the best one we have, unless the new guys can also kick. So, he should be the first winger picked for this simple reason.
His percentage is no higher than DCE In recent years. When DCE was kicking as our preferred kicker just before Garrick he was around 80%. Garrick is under that. That is no reason for him to be picked.

I don’t see Garrick as the long-term solution. Get Saab in there and give the kicking to DCE. There have been consistent reports that Manly tried a swap deal for Saab with Garrick - not something you do if you are locking Garrick in as your starting winger.

Des is stubborn and loves to pick and stick; however, he did that last year and it didn’t pay off. Garrick really struggled coming out of his own end and didn’t have any real spark at the other end of the field to justify putting up with his set starts. At least with Saab he offers more speed and a genuine kicking target that almost nobody could out leap.

I hope to see both Saab and Tuipulota get a start.

Really can not see any reason why Garrick can not emulate his mainly impressive 2019 form if he can receive some decent ball and opportunities and in contrast to last season . Defence and reads were a bit lacking last season and would be expected to improve in this area . Also and [[ similar to Turbo ] can compete for an attacking high kick . and how many of them were executed for a try scoring opportunity on the opposition "s try line last season by Manly , not many from recollection . Not overlooking Miski "s reliability but at least on indications , Saab and Tuipulota should represent good value signings .

"manly al, post: 1290958, member: Also and [[ similar to Turbo ] can compete for an attacking high kick . and how many of them were executed for a try scoring opportunity on the opposition "s try line last season by Manly , not many from recollection .
I’d suggest that is because Garrick isn’t a genuine kick target, much easier to execute when you have a Daniel Tupou or a Saab on the wing. Also, I wouldn’t compare him to Turbo as far as his ability to pull in a high ball.

It’s like the alley-oop in basketball; there is far greater room for error when you have a big man who can jump catching the ball than someone who isn’t as much of a leaper. The first only needs the ball in the vicinity, the second needs it just in the right spot - much different proposition for the passer.

I think Garrick is a good option to bring in if we have injuries on the wing. Even in 2019, I thought he was good, but still didn’t give us a threat that opposition defences feared.

I’d suggest that is because Garrick isn’t a genuine kick target, much easier to execute when you have a Daniel Tupou or a Saab on the wing. Also, I wouldn’t compare him to Turbo as far as his ability to pull in a high ball.

It’s like the alley-oop in basketball; there is far greater room for error when you have a big man who can jump catching the ball than someone who isn’t as much of a leaper. The first only needs the ball in the vicinity, the second needs it just in the right spot - much different proposition for the passer.

I think Garrick is a good option to bring in if we have injuries on the wing. Even in 2019, I thought he was good, but still didn’t give us a threat that opposition defences feared.
All valid points but still think that Garrick has quite a bit more to offer , plus his goal kicking [ although admittedly a bit off on occasions last season ]

All valid points but still think that Garrick has quite a bit more to offer , plus his goal kicking [ although admittedly a bit off on occasions last season ]
We will find out soon enough I guess. I certainly like his attitude and effort. He can’t be denied that. I just believe the top teams have real threats out wide and we haven’t had that for quite a while.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4