The Great Farewell - Sat 2-Sep 2017 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good for you asking , means absolutely nothing but thanks for taking the time to do so.

PS: the medical retirements would have only been useful pre 30 June, it's almost the middle of July and they will only have to be paid to the 2nd of September anyway, there's zero reason why this cant happen other than,

1) the players don't want it.

2) the club won't have a bar of it.
Yep I fear the stench around all this may linger for years. I doubt we will hear or see any of these 2 ever again in association with Manly.

Just call me the patron saint of lost causes. I guess this is what people call "being managed out of the business" these days. Sucks to see so many members of the last premiership side disappear .... G Stewart, Wolfie, B Stewart, Matai, Foran, Watmough, Tooves (runner), Ballin.

At the end of the day life goes on unless someone that knew them all personally posted the truth on here you would never know what was true to begin with with media being 80% bs and when manlys involved 95% lol we should all know that the truth is long lost. Just lastly never met the guy but i always sensed skivi being a loyal bloke heard he's a top bloke and being a kiwi so obviously family overseas and correct me if i may be wrong but having a disabled brother needing full time care (i read somewhere a long while back )even read one day that his mum had never even seen him play an nrl game live due to his brothers condition.also in my eyes quite media shy (despite the way he played lol) i cant see him as not being thankful to his fans at least if not the club.could probably apply those values to jamie lyon aswell?

totally separate thought also is as much as a farewell is deserved for them all do we really need the unnecessary distractions ? the media would have a circus reporting just about the farewell itself.making up this and that .but honestly i just wanna keep winning let's not disturb the flow we have and as silly as it sounds to some but in my opinion am a believer of too long a winning streak without losing can backfire not always applicable of course but for eg the storm it seems in past seasons being almost undefeated in a few to still not actually win or make the grand final. besides probably the best time to cop a loss and shake up if any as disloyal that sounds

Pretty sure the guys involved have said they don't want anything like that, which I totally understand.
They'd just feel awkward about it and what would it really achieve?
This sort of thing is not for everyone.

Pretty sure the guys involved have said they don't want anything like that, which I totally understand.
They'd just feel awkward about it and what would it really achieve?
This sort of thing is not for everyone.
As I have said ( many times) the horse has well and truly bolted!!

On MWSE yesterday:

Golden Eagles Day at Lottoland

Wed 5th July, 05:53PM

1499241886704.jpg;pv46c764661a3acb15

:Digital Image Grant Trouville © NRLphotos : NRL Rugby League - Round 24 Manly Sea Eagles v Parramatta Eels at Brookvale Oval Sunday the 23rd of August 2015.
It’s back. The ever popular Golden Eagles Day will be held at Lottoland on Sunday, July 16, as part of the match day entertainment against Wests Tigers.

The Golden Eagles (Sea Eagles Old Boys) Association recognises former Manly players and officials across all grades.

For the past two years, the Golden Eagles Day has been well received by the crowd who have enjoyed the chance to see some of their former favourite players.

Mark Carroll, Daniel Gartner, Craig Hancock, Fred Jones, Ian Thompson, Ian Martin, Matt Ballin, Max Krillich, Terry Hill and Michael Robertson are just some of the names who have committed to be at Lottoland for Sunday afternoon football against the Tigers.

Prior to the match, the Golden Eagles will again be marching from Manly Leagues Club to Lottoland from 12.20pm.

They will then take part in a lap of honour pre-match before forming a guard of honour for the NRL kick-off at 2pm.

Golden Eagles Chairman Mark Bryant is encouraging all Sea Eagles supporters to join the March ahead of an epic Sunday afternoon clash.

“We are again expecting upwards of 150 former players and we’d love as many of our maroon and white supporters to join us for the walk to Lottoland,” Bryant said.

“This is a march that recognises our history, from our social home of the Manly Leagues Club to our spiritual home ground, with players of all eras that have represented the Sea Eagles.”

Golden Eagles Day, Sunday, July 16

Lottoland

Times:

11:30am Gates open

11:45am Holden Cup kick-off: Manly v Wests Tigers

12.20pm: Golden Eagles March from Leagues Club to Lottoland

2pm: NRL kick-off: Manly v Wests Tigers

5.30pm-6.30pm: Signing session with the Sea Eagles players at Manly Leagues Club. Only one item per person will be signed and photos are limited.

At least mb will be there on the 16th for those able to go

On MWSE yesterday:

Golden Eagles Day at Lottoland

Wed 5th July, 05:53PM

1499241886704.jpg;pv46c764661a3acb15

:Digital Image Grant Trouville © NRLphotos : NRL Rugby League - Round 24 Manly Sea Eagles v Parramatta Eels at Brookvale Oval Sunday the 23rd of August 2015.
It’s back. The ever popular Golden Eagles Day will be held at Lottoland on Sunday, July 16, as part of the match day entertainment against Wests Tigers.

The Golden Eagles (Sea Eagles Old Boys) Association recognises former Manly players and officials across all grades.

For the past two years, the Golden Eagles Day has been well received by the crowd who have enjoyed the chance to see some of their former favourite players.

Mark Carroll, Daniel Gartner, Craig Hancock, Fred Jones, Ian Thompson, Ian Martin, Matt Ballin, Max Krillich, Terry Hill and Michael Robertson are just some of the names who have committed to be at Lottoland for Sunday afternoon football against the Tigers.

Prior to the match, the Golden Eagles will again be marching from Manly Leagues Club to Lottoland from 12.20pm.

They will then take part in a lap of honour pre-match before forming a guard of honour for the NRL kick-off at 2pm.

Golden Eagles Chairman Mark Bryant is encouraging all Sea Eagles supporters to join the March ahead of an epic Sunday afternoon clash.

“We are again expecting upwards of 150 former players and we’d love as many of our maroon and white supporters to join us for the walk to Lottoland,” Bryant said.

“This is a march that recognises our history, from our social home of the Manly Leagues Club to our spiritual home ground, with players of all eras that have represented the Sea Eagles.”

Golden Eagles Day, Sunday, July 16

Lottoland

Times:

11:30am Gates open

11:45am Holden Cup kick-off: Manly v Wests Tigers

12.20pm: Golden Eagles March from Leagues Club to Lottoland

2pm: NRL kick-off: Manly v Wests Tigers

5.30pm-6.30pm: Signing session with the Sea Eagles players at Manly Leagues Club. Only one item per person will be signed and photos are limited.

At least mb will be there on the 16th for those able to go
There will be a special cheer for Matty B....

They asked Foran to do a lap of honour but he said that his hamstrings wouldn't last that far
He's only trying to blow his odds out so Eddie gets a good price on him to win the lap of honour gift.

I wonder if Watnow will ever make an appearance again, somehow I doubt it, I'm no fan of what he did (and said) but like the others it's just sad that all these players have spat the dummy out.

Maybe one day , perhaps the 20th anniversary of the 40-0 win celebrated by the Golden Eagles , we will see them all back.

By then " maybe" I'll have got over it and will actually type their real names.

Hey three out of five is pretty good ay. Won't take all the credit though.

Cynical part of me starts joining the dots between the announcement about the club making losses on the home games this year and this story breaking on the same day .... I wonder if a contribution is being made to Brett's favourite charity to thaw the ice so to speak.

Anyway ..... I'd like to thank all the people who helped make this happen ..... these guys deserve it.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8