The Great Cliff Lyons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Play making is an art from
It requires Vision , Special feel for the football , An instinct for the game , and on top of that Great Courage
Line them all up . No playmaker was Greater then Cliff Lyons
......Matt Johns

A must see !
Kayo Sports Face to Face with the Great Cliff Lyons
Worth the price of Subscription

Who is the Great Manly Person that will step up in 2023

And Lift our Legendary club to Greatness to where it belongs once again ?

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

There's a heap of joy and a touch of sadness when I think of Cliffy or even see the vintage footage of a maestro mesmirising the defenders like a wizard with a wand.
This day and age, many talented young footballers are trained to play a robotic style of footy, not heads up like the good old days.
There modern game is predictable with coaching all about winning possession rates and winning field position, minimise errors and penalties, which was the case back then also, just not so anal about it and players could use their vision and instincts without the fear of being ripped by the coach.
Personally found the unpredictable style more entertaining and feel it showcased players abilities far more....but that's why the Munster type can still dominate in today's game....players are so structured even defensively, but train for 2nd man plays and set pieces, where Munster like Cliffy makes his decisions based on the defensive line and can change options at any moment.....if Cliff was still here today, I reckon he would destroy the structured defences, especially IF the forwrds won that momentum in the middle 3rd...

There's a heap of joy and a touch of sadness when I think of Cliffy or even see the vintage footage of a maestro mesmirising the defenders like a wizard with a wand.
This day and age, many talented young footballers are trained to play a robotic style of footy, not heads up like the good old days.
There modern game is predictable with coaching all about winning possession rates and winning field position, minimise errors and penalties, which was the case back then also, just not so anal about it and players could use their vision and instincts without the fear of being ripped by the coach.
Personally found the unpredictable style more entertaining and feel it showcased players abilities far more....but that's why the Munster type can still dominate in today's game....players are so structured even defensively, but train for 2nd man plays and set pieces, where Munster like Cliffy makes his decisions based on the defensive line and can change options at any moment.....if Cliff was still here today, I reckon he would destroy the structured defences, especially IF the forwrds won that momentum in the middle 3rd...
Cody Walker is another modern day comp for Cliffy (the instinctual ball playing part, not the grub stuff he carries on with) - and we can see what he can do when he's on song.

Play making is an art from
It requires Vision , Special feel for the football , An instinct for the game , and on top of that Great Courage
Line them all up . No playmaker was Greater then Cliff Lyons
......Matt Johns

A must see !
Kayo Sports Face to Face with the Great Cliff Lyons
Worth the price of Subscription

Thanks @BOZO , just watched it. God damn, those were the days!

Every time I think of the Lyons to Menzies combo, I often think that if I was a second rower (or 5/8th) I'd be grabbing the other guy after training and working out a heap of plays and lines. It's so obvious and pays dividends.

Even when Foz said that he told Haumole that he was going to throw the ball to him all afternoon....look how well that worked!

Thanks for the vid bozo.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4